☆Chapter 20 - Lucius Arquette☆

Around 8 pm I woke up to Andrea loudly talking with Quinn. They seemed to be talking about some band I hadn't heard of and didn't care to know. My head was still pounding, making it hard to think. All I knew was I wanted them to stop talking so loud literally 5 feet away from me.

"Shut the fuck up." I groaned, my eyes still closed.

"Oh, Lucius, you're awake. I needed to talk to you." Andrea said enthusiastically.

"I'm not awake."

"You are now,'' she said, coming over and sitting on my bed. I opened my eyes slightly and there she was looking over me. I got up and pushed her away.

"My bed, not yours. What did you need to tell me?" I yawned.

"I found this thing in my room and I wanted to show you."

"What thing?" This is dumb, watch it be a sticker or some shit.

"You'll see, c'mon let me show you." She said, grabbing my arm to pull me out of bed.

"Give me a second to wake up, woman." I tied my hair into a bun and wiped the tiredness from my eyes. Quin was still working on his school work, it looked like Andrea was distracting him before I woke up.

"Ok, we can go I guess." She led the way to her dorm a few doors down. It was decorated with plants on every wall and soft lighting. It reminded me of my grandma's living room. When I stepped in she immediately went to her dresser where she picked up a single printed picture.

"What's that?" I yawned.

"So, I found this picture of my middle school friends that I must have randomly packed and one of them sorta looks like you." She said excitedly.

"Let me see." She walked over to her bed and motioned for me to sit down. There she handed me the picture. In it stood her, a random kid and me. Why was I in her middle school picture? I know I had a friend group in middle school but I didn't remember her.

"Fuck, why am I in your middle school pictures." She grabbed the picture back from me and looked at it closer. "I had a friend group in middle school but I don't remember you" I said trying not to sound mean.

"I remember the kid in the photo, but aren't you from france?" Now I have to explain to her my life story, great.

"Well, I was born in France but I went to elementary and middle school in New York"

"Why did you come to America?" She asked curiously.

"My mom decided it would be best to live in America with my grandma, because we were having financial issues." She already knows about my mom, which makes it so much harder to talk about. Normally I could cut out the detail of her leaving randomly but she already knew.

"Oh, did you go to Anderson middle?"

"Yeah." Fuck so we were friends. Her face always did feel slightly familiar, and now I know why. I felt bad I couldn't remember her as well, but I blocked out most of that time in my life.

"If I remember right you were like the most up beat guy, what happened?" She said laughing.

"I don't know, shit happens I guess." Have I really changed that much?

"Didnt you have a crush on me in like 7th grade?" She said, still laughing. If I did I don't remember but I do remember in middle school that I'd pretend to like girls, but she definitely wasn't one of them. I'd mistake friendship for the absent feelings I was supposed to have towards women.

"Uh no, I don't remember that." She looked disappointed and looked away.

"Wait, but arent you like gay now?" She said, tilting her head.

"I guess so." She seemed to get slightly excited as I told her.

"I could tell." How was I supposed to respond to that? This is just getting weird.

" You know, I might head back to my dorm and go to sleep. It's getting kinda late." It was only 9 but I'd rather die than try to recall more repressed memories and call it reminiscing for another hour.

"Oh, Okay. I'll talk to you tomorrow, okay?" She seemed a bit hurt that I was randomly leaving.

"Sure, good night." I said walking out of her door as fast as possible so as to not look in a rush. Back in my dorm Quinn was still studying. He had been in the same position all day, either staring at his computer or a notebook writing notes from said computer.

"You guys talked for a while." Quinn said, not looking up from his work.

"I guess, she wanted me to stay longer but I was getting annoyed." I sat in my bed and laid down "And tired."

"Are you going to sleep?" Quinn asked, looking at me.

"Yeah, when are you going to finish studying?" I looked at the ceiling analyzing each imperfection.

"I'm getting a migraine, so probably soon." Quinn said

"Okay, well good night."

"Night."

I started to drift off after a few minutes of staring at the ceiling.