1.

Chapter 1

"Daddy... Daddy!..... Daddy!!!"

My eyes fluttered open as I stared up towards the most wooden tan ceiling I'd ever seen. A golden-lit chandelier hung from high above in the middle of the room, my eyes still blurred, slowly scanned the room around me. Egg Nog coloured walls cage me inside them, a beige dresser to the right side corner opposite the queen-sized bed I lay in with dark floral bedding. Three white barrel armchairs sat around a coffee table right underneath a big carpet placed at the front of the bed. A Samsung 65Inch TV is to the left, a walk-in wardrobe and a door on the upper right.

Closing my eyes, I took a deep breath, why am I here?

Something shook me and I looked to my left.

"Daddy."

Daddy? Whose kid is this? I stood upright on the bed and looked this kid right in his face confused. I don't have any kids nor pets or plants in my house, so why the hell would some random child call me his father? I have no interest in little runts who run down my pockets.

After catching myself, my nose became irritated and blocked up which started to annoy me way more than this damn kid and his daddy issues.

"Where am I?"

"We are at home, Daddy."

"Stop calling me that."

The boy looked around 7 years old, with long black hair to his neck, almost covering his way of sight, dark brown eyes and pale clear clean skin. He wore long silk children's pyjamas and held a straight face the entire time. He looked depressed even for his age.

My head started to vibrate on the highest setting it could possible. Rubbing my nose vigorously, I pushed past the kid with my hand making my way over to the kitchen.

"Give me water!"
I gave the command to any one of the women dressed in black and white clothing who stood and watched me like I was crazy.
"NOW!!"

They all rushed away at once, two went pouring me a cup, one lightly tapping my back, keeping me still until the water arrived. When it did a woman helped me drink it carefully and the same other one still held on to me.

"What's your name?"

"Vile."
The redhead said. Everything about her is short. Her hair's short.. body and height. Probably even her temper. She's a small girl or woman and looks around 19. Her light brown eyes with the sense of worry hiding behind them, trickle me with interest towards this girl.

"Thank you... Vile. Get back to work."

Everyone began doing what they already started before I entered the room.

I wiped my mouth clean. The water won't stop the pain right away but it will soon enough, I know it. I turned around to see the same kid that I saw from my room right behind me.

"Oh what, NOW!!"

"Daddy... I am hungry. Can I have something to eat, please."

I.. had... it. It wasn't like he asked for the food either... he demanded me to make it.

I grabbed the kid by the collar, lifting him from off the ground towards my chest. He felt very light almost like he barely ate any food but again it wasn't my problem, HE isn't my problem, so I couldn't care.

"Listen, kid, I am NOT your father, I will NEVER be your father or try to be one and even if you were my kid, I couldn't be bothered. Do you hear that? You hear that right?? I have more important things to do in my life than take care of some irresponsible person's responsibility. Now why don't you run along out of my house and my sight? Find someone who cares."

His once straight face curled down into a frown as I released him from my tight grasp.

"But, Daddy-"

Everyone gasped in complete shocking disbelief as I dragged my hand across his face twice leaving imprinted marks there. His face reddened and he hung it low to save himself from the embarrassment of having to look and see everyone stare at him especially because of his face.

He knew his skin was going to mark so he stayed still, daring not to move or even speak another word.

I took a deep breath, closing my eyes once more. I needed to calm down, he's just a child after all and I don't want to get into any serious trouble for harming him.

I ran my hands through my hair before opening my eyes to find that the kid had disappeared. I looked to my left frantically to see him sitting on a stool with a bowl of fruit placed on the island for him with yogurt as well as some orange juice.

The same maid Vile who had attended to me was now attending to the same kid.

"What are you doing?"
I was annoyed.

"I am feeding yo- the child... sir."

"Why?"

"Because he is hungry, sir."

"So? He shall go to his parents and beg from their pockets not mine. My food will not be wasted on a scrawny kid, who knows where he appeared from. Could be a trick. A setup. Someone not wanting to own up to what's theirs."

She didn't reply back. Heck! She didn't even look at me, not once.

"He needs to go now! I don't care when, how and where. Just make sure he leaves before the evening has left the sky."
I walked out of the kitchen and marched my way to the study.

Closing the door allowing the dark room to cloud my eyes, I finally made my way to the window and threw open the curtains from its view. It's still bright outside, I glanced towards the clock stating that it's 11:50 am above the door.

I'm tired and I just got up.

The knocking on the door brought back my attention as I moved my gaze toward it. I swear if it is that child again for what feels like a millionth time.

"Who is it?"

"Um... Sir? It's me, Vile."

"Vile..?"

What does she want and why on earth would she be knocking on my door for it?

"Come in... Vile."