3.

Chapter 3

"Why are you in HIS room, in HIS bed, wrapped up all so cuddly and lovingly with him when you should be in mine?"
I folded my arms with a straight face. The man did the same but propped up on the near end of his bed for support with a smirk spread right across his face, entertained.

"Yeah, Ann! Why? Are you sleeping around Ann? With your husband's-!!!!"

"Shut up Connor!! You are not helping at all, so keep your mouth closed."

"Keep your legs closed and I will."

Annie's face mixed with the colours of red and pink was looking like a balloon-infused peach. I can just imagine the type of wicked thoughts she is willing to commit to Connor right now.

"Both of you... Shut. Up. Annie, I am speaking and asking you a question. Don't be concerned about other people at this point in time, especially people like Connor."
He grunted before moving away from the two of us to put on his sweats for the day.
"Meet me in my study, now!"

"Can I at least get ready first?"

I walked out of that room and released all of the tension built up in my lungs through my nostrils. Resting my head back on the door as I wished I never walked in there just to find her. It was worth it, for now, I am able to have my proof for when the day arrives.

It still hurts, to see the two of them laying in that bed together like there weren't any rules to this sort of thing.

Making my way to my study, I closed the door and sat in my chair behind my desk. My mind questioned me, who should I blame and target my anger toward? My son's mother? Or Conner? Myself?

I was frustrated at this point, every part of my life was going downhill. First, it started with school, then my family, now my relationships with others and what's probably next is my own business that I worked hard to achieve and build up from the ground.

Something I can't let happen, which was the reason I refused to be engaged with any children for I knew they would be time-consuming and I don't have the patience for it nor them.

But Annie was relentless and refused to get rid of the child, even after I begged and paid her a lot of money which led up to this situation from her having to live with me, getting married, and trying to continue the whole family generation thing to her sleeping in some other man's bed.

The doorknob turned and in she came with black leather pants, showing out her curves and small yet meaty figure. Hips stretched out for days made my mouth water. A dark brown, long-sleeved blouse and black heels.

Her hair curled down to her busty chest as well as heavy material, hung from her neck and wrist, which reminded me of where I used to lay when I needed more comfortable pillows. She strutted tossing her hair over her shoulder like a boss, plopping down in front of me.

"Heard of knocking before entering?"

"I'm your wife, why do I? Have a chick up in here or something? That you don't want me to find out about."
Her dark red lips slightly parted with a mischievous smirk playing peek-a-boo within them.

"Hmm... more like, nothing in this house belongs to you other than the items you brought here and the personal room, I gave to you for whatever purpose you needed. Which I see was a big mistake since you were using it against the vow you made to me and our whole marriage, especially our son."

Her lips folded in and I saw her teeth making a nervous imprint on her bottom lip smudging the beautiful colour.

"You-"

"And also, being cocky doesn't help you at all in this scenario, so I suggest leaving off your nasty attitude for another day and start being serious. You are not seventeen anymore, cut it out and act your age."

She remained quiet and refused to look at me.

"What is it you want to discuss? Me sleeping in Connor's bed again? What? You want to ridicule me for it, go ahead it's not like I am going to apologize for it anyway."
Her tone was sharp as a blade, I knew what this meant for I had experienced it from her plenty of times and those were the only times I felt I could even get through to her, it almost hurt me, for I know she's mad at me and I can't make it up to her.

"We need to have a serious discussion about our son."
Knowing she will never try to look at me again, for now... I just continued with what I had to say, to get it over and done with.
"After tomorrow, there will be rules and regulations for whoever is given the power, to fully raise and take care of the child. I will set mine and you do whatever once as long as it doesn't require my assistance. The boy will go to school, if not he will go by his grandfather and learn basic survival techniques."

"You are not going to raise my son like some nasty wild boar animal!!"
She screeched with shooting eyes.

"Well, I guess something we can agree on-"

"Hold up! You're seriously not thinking that the judge will give you the parental rights to keep him, are you?"
She laughs as my face tightens.
"Oh lord! You really are a foolish man. A child will always need their mother, no father is fit to raise a kid, especially on his own. To believe I was trying to save you the embarrassment of having to face that judge again with this nonsense but, then again... if you want to dig yourself a grave, so be it, however, you are not going to drag me or my son with you and everyone will know the true story of who you are... A COWARD! That's what you will be known for and you will go down in history-"

"YOU DON'T EVEN FEED THE POOR THING!! He's starving whenever he's with you!"

"My, my.... temper, Mr. Ashton. You don't want to outburst like that in front of everyone in the courtroom, don't you? Anyway! And so what? He much better with me than being abused by you every second, at that state, he'll die."

"Like you will care."

"And you do? You wanted to get rid of him before he was even fully formed in my womb. So clearly he's no use to you, I don't see why you keep putting up this fight when it's clear your life is a waste and it's going to sh-"

"Don't. You. Dare..... Finish. That. Sentence...."