𝒇𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏 , the spy

chapter fourteen , the spy

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Kennedy Theroux was off her meds. She just didn't know it meant anything yet.

She sat in the front of Steve Harringtons car, fumbling with the roses in her lap that Dustin had practically thrown back at her. Night had set and Kennedy was looking out the window.

"Wait a sec. How big?" Steve Harrington blurted, looking at Dustin Henderson in his back seat.

Dustin pointed his fingers. "First it was like that." Dustin held his fingers a few inches away from eachother before extending his arms. "Now he's like this." Dustin had updated the two teens on the Dart situation. Kennedy was worried, and Steve was in denial.

"I swear to God, man, it's just some little lizard, okay?"

"It's not a lizard."

"How do you know?"

Dustin looked over. "How do I know if it's not?" Kennedy rolled her eyes at their banter, rubbing a rose petal between her fingers.

Steve nodded. "How do you know it's not just a lizard?" He asked the thirteen year old boy.

"Because his face opened up and he ate my cat!"

Kennedy swung to look at Dustin with a terrified look. "He ate Mews!?" She gasped with wide eyes. The Henderson nodded slowly. She pouted. "I loved that cat!"

"Mews hated you." Dustin deadpanned.

Kennedy shrunk in her seat, fiddling with the rose petals again. "Yeah, because I'm a dog."

Steve parked his car in Dustin's driveway and got the bat from the backseat. He looked over at Dustin, the two of them then looking at Kennedy. She frowned as they stared at her. Realization hit and she shook her head. Dustin and Steve continued looking at her expectantly. Rolling her eyes and sighing, Kennedy swung her hand out. Claws flicked from her finger tips, and they stared walking around Dustin's house to the locked Cellar.

Dustin hadn't said anything about the roses to Steve. But as soon as he got a chance, Steve Harrington would never hear the end of it. Seriously, Steve Harrington showing up to his ex girlfriends house with roses to give to Kennedy Theroux. All totally platonically, obviously.

Kennedy stood next to Steve, looking at the faded red doors. "I don't hear shit." Said Steve.

"Nothing," Kennedy mumbled, using her senses to the best of her ability.

"He's in there." Reassured Dustin.

Kennedy looked over at Steve, who tapped the door with his bat. Nothing. Slam. Still nothing. Steve turned on his heal, his flashlight in Dustin's face. "Alright, listen, kid. I swear, if this is some sort of Halloween prank, you're dead. All right?"