Chapter 1: Hope

We were on our way home. "Dad, can we go to McDonald's? Please" I ask hoping the answer would be yes. "Sweety, it's late maybe we can go Tomorrow." My mum replied. My dad just smiled and looked at mum. "Oh, you two have already planned it without me huh?" She turned around and continued "Your dad has spoiled you" I giggled a little bit. And realized how grateful I am to have such wonderful parents. As I was thinking this, I saw a semi-truck rushing at high speed towards our car. "Mum- Dad! Th...That truck" I pointed. "Honey take the turn, take the turn!!" My mum exclaims. As I blinked, I heard the loud sound of the crash. All that I could see was dad's head on the wheel and blood running through his forehead. I turned around and found mum in her seat still with blood running from her head. "NO" I shouted. And then it was all blurry and dark.

I woke up and found myself in the bed breathing heavily. I realized it was a nightmare or should I say a bad memory from my past. I'll never forget that day. It was the day my life lost its light and it was all dark. That day God took away not only my Mum and Dad but also my happiness, my Everything from me.

Stream of tears running from eyes. I miss them. I wish they were here with me. I was snapped from my thoughts by the sound of footsteps from the staircase. I knew it was Aunt Jane and my Granny. Then I whipped my tears and pretended to be asleep. The door opened and then

 "I thought those dreams are over." I heard Jane speaking. "It's not in her or our hands, I wish I could do something for her." My granny spoke. Then I heard footsteps again. And now I assumed they both were in their rooms.

It's been 4 years since dad and mum's accident. I still have some dreams. Sometimes they are happy and cute memories of dad and mum but sometimes they are just... Nightmares. Especially when they are about K.K...Ken. "Nat!! Don't think about him," I told myself and lay on the bed. I usually don't get sleep after these dreams.

I was snapped from thoughts again by the sound of footsteps. I quickly turned around and pretended to be asleep. The door opens, "Sweety, I know you are not asleep dear" I heard my grandma speak. I say nothing. She sits on the bed, beside me. And then I felt her hand in my hair and "Honey, you know that you can talk to me, right?" As she said that, I burst into tears and hugged her. She keeps saying "It's okay...It's okay.." I cried in her arms until there were no more tears left. I told her about my dream and everything that I was feeling at that very moment.

"Now..go back to sleep, hon. You have a big day tomorrow." I nodded but she knew that I couldn't sleep. So, she sat there. And started singing a lullaby. Which we both know can help me to drift back to sleep.

The lullaby and her soothing voice help me to go back to sleep and I forget about my dream. All I have is a candle of hope, which I... guess will lighten my life again.

*****

I woke up and looked at the clock, 5:45 am it showed.

"Wow, Nat! 15 minutes before the alarm... Well done" I told myself. Then I did some exercises and got ready for the day. Now it is 7:00 am and I rushed downstairs for breakfast. As I was walking fast, I tripped and... fell to the ground. I could see Gram was laughing hard. I quickly stood up and looked at her and we both burst into a laugh.

"Jesus!! Natalie! Can't you be less clumsy?" "It's fine Jane, I just fell from the stairs. Anyways, what's for breakfast? I ask. "Your favorite, fried bacon sandwich." "Oh! Fanks Jane" I said as I hugged her. "By the way... Is Kate up yet?" I asked about my cousin. "Not yet... But she will be. That girl should learn to be a morning person" Jane answered with a little laugh.

"Yeah.. she should" I agree with her.

We all settled down at the dining table and started enjoying our food.

"So... At what time you're gonna come home?. So, till then, I'll help you and Kate to pack things up." Gram asked.

" Oh no.. you don't need to do that and both of us have already packed things up. And I will give you a call before leaving the office." I answered

Today Kate and I are both moving to Central London because of our jobs. We all lived on the Northside of London. And both of our jobs take time to get there... So we decided to shift but I still love living here with Gram and Jane. But they both are forcing us to move there 'cause it's good for our future.

After having a delicious breakfast, I ran upstairs to get changed. I pull out a cream-colored shirt and black trousers with cream-colored heels to go with it. I did some makeup and curled my brunette hair, I didn't completely curl them... Just to make my hair a little bit wavy.

I then check the mirror for one last time and smile because of excitement. I grabbed my purse and again started walking downstairs.

"I'm Ready!!" I shouted. "Aw. you look cute... And the outfit looks professional." Jane compliments me. "Thanks" I replied. "I might get late because of the traffic... So, it's better if I leave early now." I said with a smile

"Oh... Great!! Just be confident. Okay?" I nodded.

"And tell Kate to hurry up as I have called a small truck for moving the things, It will be here around 3," I said to Jane and she nodded.

Then I said Bye to both of them and started making my way to the door. But I stopped and turned towards Gram and asked "Aren't you forgetting something?" She knew exactly what I was talking about. "Well... I didn't forget and I never will.... Love you tons" She said with a smile.

"Love you 3000" I replied as I opened the door.

"Oh you two and your Avengers obsession," Jane said and rolled her eyes. I laughed at her compliment and got outside of the house making my way to the garage.

Since the Avengers Endgame has been released me and my granny said this to each other. She is really cool and just...special to me. We both are less like grandma and granddaughter but more like Best friends. Since Mum and Dad's car crash, I lived here with my Granny, Aunt and her daughter, my cousin Kate. They all are nice to me and gave me whatever I wanted. But 2 years ago I started doing a job as a temporary assistant in an agency which hires assistants and managers for many people.

Today is a special day for me because I am moving to the other side of London and I am getting Promoted not as a permanent assistant but just my salary and the time duration I worked as an assistant will increase. And maybe I will have a chance of being assigned by famous people. I mean like previously I have worked with some stock investors and the only artist or famous person I have worked with was Lewis Capaldi, But it was just for 2 weeks which is great. He is the funniest person I know. As I am getting promoted, I might meet people that I kinda knew about.

I started the engine of the car and started making my way to Central London. Maybe... This is the start of a new journey. Is it? 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note

Hi!! I'm Shraddha and this is the first chapter of my first ever book! I hope you liked it! And this chapter is really short but I'll try to make it better! If you have any suggestions or ideas then please let me know in the Comments! And if there are any spelling or grammar mistakes then please let me know. As it is my first time writing a book, hope you guys will understand. I'll try to update the chapters every weekends or any 2 days in the week!

Don't forget to Vote!! 

Follow me on Insta - nialls_girl_28 or https://www.instagram.com/nialls_girl_28/

The pic of Natalie's outfit is above! And the song for this chapter is Flicker by Niall Horan.

Keep Smiling :) Lot's of Love <3

-S