Awake at Night

"Wick." 
He stopped in his tracks, turning to see his twin sister's brown eyes looking at him disapprovingly. 
"Don't you dare tell Papa I'm going outside." he hissed, turning back around to walk.
"Everyone in the village is going to think you're strange, Wick," Suzanne said, walking towards him. "I'm just trying to protect you."
"I don't need to be protected. I need to go for a walk to clear my head. I had to do so many boring prince things, I want to run around and chase things the way I did when we lived in the bakery.  I miss those days." Richard said, hoping for some sympathy. He did not receive that sympathy. 
"Wick, you can just ask Dad and Papa to let you run the bakery if you want to do that," Suzanne replied. 
"I don't WANT to own the bakery, I just wanna play outside with all of my old friends from school. I miss them." Richard said, stomping his foot. "Just let me go outside. I'll be back in the morning to continue these foolish princely duties like waving and smiling at potential suitors." 
"Wick..." his twin started.
"That's the end of it. I'm going outside!" he shouted.
"I don't think you will, sweetheart." a deep voice sounded from the hallway.
"Papa?" the twins said together, facing the dark. 
"Richard, you know you could just ask and we can stay in the village for a while." Jack said, stepping forward into the light. His hair was draped over his shoulders and chest and he wore an orange robe. "I think it would be nice."
"Everyone knows I'm a prince now, though! I won't be treated the same!" Richard shouted again, his gray eyes filling with tears. 
"Richard." a second voice stepped in. Dark purple hair, dark green eyes, and bandages covering their face. 
"Oh... sorry Dad." Richard immediately apologized. "I didn't mean to wake you up, I forgot you were recovering." 
"You're fine, dear. Jack, what's going on?" the second figure asked. 
"Oh, Richard just wants to go and allow his wild side go free for the night." Jack replied, patting his lovers shoulder.
"Papa, you know he does this?" Suzanne asked, looking surprised. 
"Honey, we told him it was okay. I'm not a big fan of being a person of royalty either. There's far too much attention on me, that's why I stay in the study before going to bed. I just like to be alone in there." her father replied. 
"Richard, go ahead and do your things. I understand you need to relax and let out all that pent up energy. You are a growing boy, after all." the second figure replied. They coughed and retreated back into the dark hallway, towards the room that they shared with Jack.
"Suzanne, go to your room, get some sleep, dear. " Jack said, giving his daughter a kiss on the forehead. Richard was already running outside, whooping and howling.
"Can you stay in my room? I can't sleep by myself." Suzanne asked, looking down. Jack just picked her up and carried her to his room with the other figure. 
"Darling, Suzanne is going to sleep in our room tonight." he said, setting the young girl down. 
"That's fine, dear." was the hoarse reply from the second figure in the bed. With that, they all lie down and rested, while RIchard ran into the night, howling and being as loud as he could in the night.