The Escape

Maylena found herself finally alone, a rare moment to reflect on the turmoil in her life. She loved her children deeply, but they despised her, viewing her as nothing more than the woman who had given birth to them. They claimed Hermione Granger, once Maylena's closest friend, was their true mother. After enduring years of abuse at the Dursleys and surviving the war, Maylena had hoped for peace among her friends and family. For a while, it seemed that way—until things started to change.

Ron grew more hostile, lashing out with cruel words. Hermione, once humble, now looked down on her, acting superior in every way. Molly Weasley became increasingly controlling, dictating what Maylena could wear, eat, and do. If she dressed in skinny jeans, a black off-the-shoulder top, and a leather jacket, Molly would berate her, calling her names like "attention-seeking" and "whore." Arthur Weasley, in contrast, was kind and often tried to help her—until Molly found out. After that, Arthur vanished from Maylena's life. The older Weasley brothers, though, remained kind. They treated her as their sister, and in them, she found some comfort.

Her thoughts were interrupted by a sound. Struggling with her feet still chained to the floor, she moved as close as she could to the noise. That’s when she overheard the plan, realizing the full extent of the deceit around her. Her magic, which had lain dormant for so long, suddenly responded to her anger and fury. A dark, emerald green light surged from her, destroying the room and the chains that held her.

Now free, Maylena reached out to the people she considered her true brothers, informing them of her escape and the treachery she'd uncovered. She fled to a place she instinctively felt drawn to, and there, she began to rebuild her life. Determined to stand on her own feet, she found work, refusing to rely on the wealth she already possessed. After saving up enough, she bought a house and a car—her pride and joy.

•┈┈┈••✦ ♡ ✦••┈┈┈•

One day, while going about her life, she felt a strange pull, drawing her attention. She turned and saw a man standing before her. He appeared to be around her age, tall and slightly muscular, with mesmerizing brown eyes. His outfit was casual—a white tank top and blue jeans stained with oil and grease, suggesting he worked with cars. His boots were rugged, brown and black. Around his neck, he wore a simple cross necklace.

He observed her as well, a small smirk playing on his lips. His eyes traced her raven-black hair that flowed down to her mid-ribcage, her black leather cropped jacket, and the black crop top underneath, emblazoned with the words, "I Solemnly Swear That I Am Up To No Good." She wore black ripped shorts, fishnet stockings, and small-heeled black boots that reached her ankles. Around her neck, she had a choker with a cross, and on her wrist, a charm bracelet with miniature symbols—a wand, a broom, a cauldron, a witch’s hat, and animals like two deer, a dog, and a wolf. But it was her striking emerald green eyes that captivated him the most. To him, she was the embodiment of beauty.

•┈┈┈••✦ ♡ ✦••┈┈┈•

This chapter has been rewritten to be better as I realized it was kinda childish. I also no longer have the old image I'm sorry.