Chapter: 1 Tickets

I woke up to the sound of what I thought was my alarm clock.

But when my vision came clearer I see my phone ringing.

"Argghhhh. Who's calling at 6 in the morning!" I screamed.

It was Jules. Why would she be calling this early? I answered it.

"Hey Jules." I said quietly and yawn.

"OMG! Liv, where are you.? I've been waiting for half an hour. Where are you?" She screams almost bursting my ears. Through the phone I can hear people in the background being loud. Then I realize what today is.

"OMG! I'm so sorry Jules, I completely forgot today was Sunday." I say feeling sorry.

"Girl you better be here in like 15 minutes or you're gonna miss the tickets!" She says practically shouting even louder now because of the crowd which sounded like got bigger.

"I'll be there in 10 minutes, tops." I say in a hurry. I say bye and hang up.

Then, I go quickly into the bathroom to brush my teeth and wash my face. When I look into the mirror, I see the mess that I call hair.

"How am I gonna get this brushed in 2 minutes?" I whine to myself.

I just skip doing my hair for now and go to my bedroom to get dressed.I just put on the first thing I see and grab a pair of shoes that are lying around. Now I have to figure out what I should do to my hair.

"What do I do? What do I do?? What do I do?!" I say to myself, panicked. Then I see a hat on my bed. I grab it and stuff my brown wavy hair into it.

Without looking in the mirror, I run out of my bedroom, to say bye to my mom, and run to get to the meet Jules. I only have 5 minutes left to get to the park where the tickets are being sold.It was good that I lived near the park and I was the fastest runner in my P.E. class back home.

I get to the park in 4 minutes and I am exhausted. After a few seconds of resting. I see Jules.

She's wearing a beautiful pink sun dress that matches her pink cheeks and white heels that are to die for.Her dirty blonde hair is down and has a pink rose on it. She also had a white small purse.

She looks amazing like always.

I run to her and she sees me with her big brown eyes.When I get to her, she smiles and I smile back.I'm about to say hi, but then she looks at me from head to toe and frowns.

"What are you wearing?" she asks, disgusted.I look at her puzzled. What is she talking about?

But then I look at myself and know why she asked me that, I'm a mess.I have on this orange crop top with red polka dots and black and white striped leggings. To make matters worst, I have a blue hat that had a big red stain on it, which was made by my brother dropping a glass of punch on my head while I was wearing it. I forgot to put it in the wash. I also had on these dirty, old, and worn out yellow shoes which I only kept for P.E.

I didn't want to answer her question so I just said, "Don't ask." And gave her a tired look. She first just kept on staring at me like I'm crazy, but the just turned around.

I should've known she would do this she is all about fashion.That's one of the things we have in common.

I was excited. In just a few seconds I will be getting tickets for the first big dance at school.

Of course, no one asked me after all. I'm the new kid in this town and a freshman. I just moved from New York to Paris a month ago with my family. Jules, her mother, and her sister also came with us.

It was horrible to move to such a strange, new place, but at least I still have my best friend.

Anyways they're starting to sell the tickets.

Jules turns around.

"I can't believe it! We are finally going to our first high school dance and it's in Paris!" she squeals.

Then she stops and looks at me worried.

"Is everything okay Liv? Usually you love the dances they had in middle school." she says with a worried look.

"I'm fine Jules" I say with a fake smile.ot fine and she could tell.I missed New York. I missed everything about New York, but most of all I missed Michael.