Espresso was by his side.

Madeline stood still, not knowing what to say.

"Wait, raspberry isn't your crush?" Sparkling said as he stopped pouring a drink.

"Uhm..." madeline was speechless.

"I-I DO like raspberry!" Madeline said.

"Madeline, why are you lying? Didn't you say you liked esp-" Madeline quickly covered Lattes mouth.

"Okay okay! I lied becuase I didn't want to tell herb my actual crush!" Madeline whisper-yelled, not wanting espresso to hear.

"So..you don't trust me?" Herb said, with a sad face.

"No no! Of course I do! I just don't trust you enough to tell you my crush, I thought you'd tell espresso while I was at training-"

"Yeah, so you don't trust me, do you? Thats why you always refuse to tell me anything." Herb said.

"Okay okay, I don't really trust you as much, but I still trust you enough to share some drama, right?" Madeline tried to lighten the mood. While Madeline was trying to comfort Herb, Latte got angry. Madeline had made her little brother sad with his lies. Latte grabbed espressos arm and stormed out.

"Huh? Latte, what are you doing?" Espresso said, struggling to maintain lattes tight grip.

"We're going home, I don't wanna see Madeline anymore." Latte said.

"Why are you so angry?" Espresso was confused. A couple minutes ago she was thrilled upon seeing Madeline, and now she was suddenly angry with him.

"He hurt my little brother! He lied to us, to me!" Latte said, letting go to face espresso.

"Latte, your being so dramatic! So what if he made me sad. I was the one being stupid into believing he'll like me, so it's not HIS fault." Espresso tried his best to defend his crush and best friend.

"I don't even understand what you see in this long haired liar."

"So what If he lied 1 time? It was only once, and I'm sure it was a good reason."

"You don't even know what we were fighting about! You weren't there to listen!"

"Well then what is the fuss all about!?"

"Madeline's likes y-" Latte stopped herself. They were both raising their voices, and Latte almost blurred out madelines secret.

"Likes who?" Espresso asked. He was so desperate for Latte to say espressos name.

"Nobody. He likes nobody. He doesn't really like anyone, but he lied about liking raspberry." Latte made up a quick excuse. She didn't want her brother to know madeline liked him, or else they'd start dating. And worst of all, Madeline might take espresso away from Latte, but Espresso was the last family she had. She couldn't really do anything but demand espresso to stay away, so she did exactly that.

*the next morning*

Espresso got up to go to the bathroom and brush his teeth. He grabbed his toothbrush, put some toothpaste, and when he was just about to put it in his mouth, he heard latte from the door.

"Espresso, please promise me you stay away from madeline." Latte begged.

"Why?" Espresso asked.

"Because! You know, he lied!" Latte said.

"So? He's still a good friend, isn't he-"

"So 'good friends' lie to eachother?" Latte interupted. Espresso looked at her, surprised.

"Hey! You don't even know madeline like I do, he'd never lie unless it's for a good reason!" Espresso said.

"Still trying to defend your crush? Pathetic." Latte was getting annoyed and walked out with her arms crossed.