Ch. 1 Rewrite History

Definitely one of the shortest chapters in the story, but also one of my favorites. Mainly because of the dark scene with the Skakoan, I miss being terrifying. Big shout out to Panthera Arven on Insta for this INSANE cover art! 

TW: Horror elements, canon-typical violence, swearing, death

---------------------------

"Ready for this?"

"Ready as I'll ever be."

By the time we arrived, the massive space battle had already commenced and was in the later stages. Which worked as the perfect destruction for us to slip in undetected and reach the Citadel with relative ease. Tech was flying, Wrecker sat shotgun, and Crosshair manned the rear turret.

Hunter, meanwhile, was helping me with my new armor.

I'd only worn it on a few missions so far and didn't really have the hang of getting it on or off. But the Batchers were more than happy to help. Of course, Crosshair's version of helping me get it on was to snicker as I stuck my arm through the wrong hole but what could you do? That was Crosshair.

Of course, this time he wasn't really in the mood to joke around. Even if he had helped save Echo in the Bad Timeline, he was not pleased with this rescue mission.

Speaking of the Bad Timeline.

"It is funny," I admitted as Hunter moved on to my shoulder pads and gauntlets.

The sergeant looked up, brow raised. "Savin' him?"

"No. My step into the Clone Wars initially was with Echo and Domino." I adjusted the gauntlets and flexed my arm. "Then my step back into the clone wars when I was older also dealt with Echo."

"Good for the reg," Crosshair grumbled from the rear turret.

"Y'all are still my favorites though, Charlie," I assured him, tail twitching at his tone.

Yeah, definitely still mad. But he was allowed to be angry; I wasn't the Jedi Council after all, telling him to repress and ignore all negative emotions. As long as he didn't attack me personally, I'd accepted it was just a sore spot for him that wouldn't likely get resolved any time soon. In return, Crosshair no longer made me feel like I was walking on eggshells when discussing Regs. We just agreed to disagree, which was harder than some would think. But we managed.

That was all that mattered.

"How touchin'," Crosshair snorted.

"ETA ten minutes," Tech called from the front, doing a barrel roll under one of the seppie ships. "Is Shadow ready?"

"Not quite." Hunter slipped on the final piece. "Alright. Now they are."

"Give 'em hell, Squeak!" Wrecker cheered from up beside Tech.

"Always, Scruff!" I laughed, grabbing my sabers and attaching them to my belt. "Time to go save me a Reg."

-ooooooooooooo-

Never before had such an opportunity presented itself! The clone's lower body, primarily its legs, was damaged beyond organic repair but the Skakoan scientist hardly cared about that. The brain was intact, that's all that mattered. This could turn the tide of the war against the wretched Republic.

Not just a clone, not just an ARC, but an ARC from the 501st legion. Anakin Skywalker's command. The "Hero of the Republic" continued to thwart Separatist war efforts left and right, leaving a trail of ruined droids in his wake. But, with one of his personal ARC troopers in Sepratist hands, and the Jedi none the wiser of this fact, he could be brought to his knees.