Chapter 4

Alberto's Pov

The day went on and they spent the rest of it at the beach until the sun began to set. They returned home to smell freshly cooked Pizza. "Ah I wondered when you two would be back" Massimo said turning to put the pizzas at the table. "Luca what happened?" Giulia said noticing Luca. Massimo looked to at the smallest of them all as Giulia came over to inspect him. "Ercole and his new friends decided, to um- hurt me" Luca replied and Alberto then continued the story knowing Luca didn't want to talk. When he finished they were all sitting at the table. "Damn Ercole and damn the stupid law" Giulia said taking more like a rip then a bite from her pizza slice.

As soon as Luca finished he excused himself to bed and Alberto could tell this day had been really hard on him. Alberto finished but before he could go to the room Giulia pulled him aside. "Look Luca wouldn't want me telling you this but in Genova he was bullied and it was because of a bunch of different reasons, him being smaller then alot of people, that he wouldn't fight back and how he was a sea monster, and when that happened he would hide and he wouldn't stop hiding even if it seemed like he had" she told him.

All of this gave him a bigger perspective on what Luca was going through. He walked into there room and found Luca curled up on his own bed his face to the wall. "I'm sorry your first full day here sucked" Alberto said sitting in his bed. "You don't have to say sorry you made it better" Luca said turning over in the bed to look at Alberto. "But I do, I got really angry last time I saw Ercole when he threatened you, I should of realised my reaction would of worsened it all" Alberto replied. "It's ok Alberto really, now we should sleep we have the Summer market tommorow, it'll be my first time seeing it" Luca said. "Yeah alright goodnight" Alberto said. "Goodnight" Luca replied.

Luca's Pov

The new day arrived at soon the four found themselves in the busy streets. Stalls were all around selling trinkets, foods, clothes and many other things. People played music around which could still be heard over the loud chatter. Banners had been hung up with coloured flags on them.

Luca was amazed, it was even better then Giulia had described. With every few minutes he would feel his arm being tugged by either Alberto or Giulia or at some times both to different stalls, this carried on for hours until Massimo had gotten a new fishing rod and gloves, Giulia had gotten earrings and a bucket of paint she wanted to put on her walls, Alberto had gotten a watch and a hat and Luca had gotten a shirt and sunglasses. They all sat down on a wall eating ice creams. "I'll be off now I just had a customer who could only come today, don't stay out to late" Massimo said dismissing himself.

Alberto's Pov

Today was amazing spending it around everyone but every time he watched Giulia drag of Luca to a stall he felt a pang in his stomach, as if he would disappear behind someone and not appear, he wanted to calm it.

"Hey Alberto do you want to get pane al cioccolato with us?" Giulia said breaking his thoughts to see the two were off of the wall. "I'm ok" he replied and turned back around. He wanted his mind to be free and focused, and he knew one place where he found he was most open to his thoughts, the island. He jumped from the wall and ran towards the beach and dived in going towards the place he once called home.

Giulia's Pov

The two returned back to the wall to find it empty. "Maybe he went somewhere let's wait here" Giulia said as she turned to Luca as they both are there chocolate treats. Giulia new Luca was in physical pain it was obvious from the small bruises and his slight limp but she could tell there was something else. "Luca, whats wrong you can tell me anything you know?" She said and placed a hand on her friend's shoulder. He looked to her and let out a sigh. "There this person who lives here in Portorosso, and I like them, like, like like them, but if I tell them I could lose them and I can't do that" he said and Giulia became a bit surprised but questioned on "Well what do you think, are you complety sure they'd say no and if not what do you think would happen if you took the risk?"

He sighed once again before replying "I'm not sure, but maybe if I was braver I would take the risk but you know me, maybe- forget it". Giulia new not to question but she wondered so much why he wouldn't ask, just one girl had him so wrapped up she didn't even know he knew many kids around here. "Ok, but you've got to tell me her name" she said elbowing his arm. "His" he replied almost a squeak while looking down.

Then it hit her, the fear of not being accepted, who would no if this guy would like him back because of the gender and he was already not accepted by some for his sea monster self. Then she realised 'him'. And she said the name as if she'd known it for years "Alberto".

Alberto's Pov

"Holy moly guacamole!" He yelled out in shock sitting up on the decked roof of the tower. It had hit him like a brick to the face, why he acted like this but then he realised something else he wanted to tell Luca but he couldn't, he just couldn't.

He was almost happy he was busy tommorow, he was a newly crowned lifeguard meaning once a week he had to watch the beach to make sure no kids, well drowned. He just didn't feel like he could face Luca with this stuck in his head, that he liked Luca.

Really liked Luca.