Chapter 1: The Smiling Mask Person

Arc 1: {Chapter 1: The Smiling Mask Person}

3rd PovA lot of aspiring hunters crowded where the infamous hunter exam will take place

3rd Pov

A lot of aspiring hunters crowded where the infamous hunter exam will take place. Amongst the crowd is a mysterious person sitting on the floor while their back is leaning on the wall.

They wore a long black cloak that has a lot of rips and mud patches on it and a number 7 badge pinned on it. It looks like something a grim reaper would use on a daily basis. But what makes this person so mysterious is the smiling mask that they are wearing to hide their identity away from the eyes of many.

They would've looked scary and intimidating if it wasn't for their...

Height.

Their height is small compared to the other people around there. She is like a small rock surrounded by boulders.

The figure releases a dark and gloomy aura that sent chills that almost shook the people near them which made all of them scootch away from the person. It's probably an intimidation tactic to scare their opponents away or maybe it's something else...

Have you looked at a person and wondered what is going on in their head?

Mysterious Person's Pov

'Why are all of the people here so tall!?' I thought as I looked at the people around me in envy with a pout on my lips. I don't know why they are flinching or scooting away from me, Is it because of the cloak? They are probably germaphobes...scratch that thought, They must be giving me space since they probably noticed me sulking. How thoughtful of them!

My gloomy self turned back to my flowery cheerful self as I gushed at how nice and considerate these people are which made me remember the nice man that gave me orange juice because he said that I look like I need it. It tasted funny tho but who cares, a free drink is a free drink! He looked at me with an expression of bewilderment and confusion. Is he expecting something? And I figured that he was expecting my gratitude so I said thank you and left!

Oh, and there is this guy as well who gave me a free badge with the number 7 on it then proceeds to give other people a free badge as well! He even told us to place it to where it is visible, I didn't know he also knows fashion!~

"I love Hunter exam~," I said to myself which got the people around me to look at me with a raised brow and weirded-out expressions. Why are they looking at me like that?

Our heads snapped immediately toward the direction where we heard a man scream in agony. I squinted my eyes to see what is happening. What? I am very far away from them, okay?

To my surprise, I saw the man's arm disappearing as it turns into small sakura petals.

"That's gotta hurt...but at least it will smell good?" I thought to myself before looking at the person near the disappearing petal arm man. He looks like a clown but without the red nose...what do you call those again? I forgot.

As if the man felt my gaze on him, he looked directly at where I am. so I did what most people would do in this scenario.

I looked away and pretended to look invested at the wall beside me.

"That is some nice wall, Very stoney!" I exclaimed as I pretended to examine the wall while nodding in approval.

I am sweating nervously to myself as I still feel his gaze on me. As if the person from above heard my plea, a sound of an alarm echoes around the place. The clown's gaze switched toward the man in a suit who made their alarmy entrance which made me sigh in relief.

"I apologize for the wait, The entry period for the Hunter applicants has ended. The Hunter exam will now begin! And a final caution. If you are sorted in luck or ability, you could very well end up seriously injured or even dead. Those who accept the risks, please follow me. Otherwise, please exit the premises via the elevator that is behind you." He said before waiting if someone will chicken out and leave.

'This is it, It's finally starting...how exciting~' I thought as I smirked behind my mask.I was too caught up with my thought that I didn't notice...

Pair of eyes looking at me that belongs to two boys who will be a part of my rollercoaster-like life.

Next on The Promise Underneath the MoonArc 1:{Chapter 2: They are a runner, They are a- But they are riding a balloon dog

Arc 1:{Chapter 2: They are a runner, They are a- But they are riding a balloon dog.}