Chapter 3: Nature is Dangerous

Arc 1:{ Chapter 3: Nature is Dangerous.}

Recap:

The trio smiled before sprinting toward the light, The three of them were determined to win the race. They reached the end of the tunnel, No.7 pumping their fists up in the air with a bright grin hidden behind the mask. This is the first time in years that they felt a happiness bubble inside them.

"Goal!!!"
================================

No.7's Pov

The three of us cheered when we reached the end of the tunnel, I already knew that I had won the race. But before I could brag about my victory, I was cut off by Gon saying that he won the race...The audacity of the boy.

"Yeah, I did it! I finished first!" Gon cheered, I looked at him with a raised brow before I nicely told him the real truth.

"No, I won and you lose. Skill issue, bro." I told Gon but before he could retort back, Killua scoffed as he looked at the two of us with a raised brow.

"What are you two talking about? I totally won!" Killua said which made me and Gon look at Killua with an expression that says 'Are you high, bro?'. These two should go get their eyes checked, I totally won.

The three of us broke into an argument or a debate as to who won the rest. We have to, It helps us grow our ego...and for the free food.

"I won!"
"No, I won!"
"And here I thought that I am delusional. I am totally the winner!"

This argument continues, No signs of it ending soon. Satotz, feeling mentally drained because of our argument, decided to finally end it...Satotz, You are a hero.

"The three of you crossed the finish line simultaneously," Satotz said, successfully ending our dispute. I think his eyes are broken too like these two because I totally won...But eh, I guess I'll be nice and let this one slide because I am a total angel.

I look at the nonexistent camera and smiled cutely at it before winking. 

"I am a total angel, Right readers?" I said, a flowery aura surrounding my figure.

In the background, You could see Killua, Gon, and Satotz looking at me like I grew three heads. They are probably questioning my mental health...How nice of them.

Gon broke my divine moment called 4th wall breaking by suggesting an idea for our free dinner dilemma.

"How about I buy No.7 dinner, No.7, you buy Killua dinner and Killua will be the one to buy me dinner?" Gon suggested before looking at me and Killua to see if we agree. Me and Killua thought about it for a few moments before agreeing.

"Well, Okay."
"I accept, That's Gon's big brain moment right there. You should take note, Killua"

"You calling me dumb, Seven?" Killua asked me while looking at me with an offended look.

"Well, If the shoe fits," I smirked, looking at him with half-lidded eyes that says 'Did I hurt your feelie-wheelies?'

I and Killua stared into each other's eyes, both of us trying not to blink. Yes, We have started the no-blinking match. Gon and Satotz watched us, Gon cheering to us while Satotz feels like he will gain 10 years' worth of stress.

"This will take a while," Satotz said but was hushed after by me.

"Shut it, Alfred. I am trying to focus here."
"My name is Satotz."
"No, Your name is Alfred."
====================

The three of us waited for the other participants to arrive here. Satotz left us alone after he gained more stress lines on his face because of us. You are probably wondering who won the No-Blinking match.

To answer you, Nobody won. It got too boring that we decided to end it with a draw. So anti-climactic, right?

Right now, I  am currently being sandwiched by these two boys. The audacity of these two to use me as a cushion to lean on. I may be squishy but I am not a cushion.

Only I can cling to people, Not them clinging to me. That is my thing.

I grumbled to myself before my eyes sparkled in recognition when I saw Kurapika arrive. 

"Kurapika!" I cheered while jumping up, Accidentally (or is it?) pushing Killua and Gon to the ground before I ran and cling to Kurapika like a koala. Kurapika was caught off-guard by my action, stumbling a bit when I launched myself to him and clung to him.

Killua and Gon groaned as they slowly sat up from being pushed to the ground. The two of them looked at me with a pout while I only look at them innocently, My mask hiding the mischievous smirk on my face.

"Is this the second phase?" Kurapika asked the three, smiling a bit in amusement at the three's childishness.

"Nope, Alfred said that it's not yet," I answered Kurapika, still clinging to him.

"Alfred? Who is Alfred?" Kurapika asked again, raising a brow at me.

"He is Satotz. Seven just wants to call him Alfred." Gon chirps.

"You are Seven?" Kurapika looked at me for confirmation. I looked up at him while proudly huffing. "That's Me~" I said.

Just then, the four of us noticed the fog lifting up and revealing a forest in its nature and greeny glory.

"I've always wanted to become a monkey," I said while looking at the forest in excitement. The three all looked at me with raised brows. What? Can't a person dream?

"The Milsy Wetlands, also known as the swindler's swamp. We must cross it to reach the 2nd phase of the exam." Satotz told us before continuing what he is about to say.

 "This place is home to a variety of truly bizarre animals. Many of them are crafty and voracious creatures who deceive and feast on human prey. Please, be very careful, especially you. " Satotz warned while looking in my direction.

"Why did Satotz look at you?" Killua asked as the three looked at me in curiosity.  I only shrugged my shoulders in reply as I looked at Satotz with a hard gaze that his hidden behind my mask. You better not blow my cover...at least not yet.

The three looked at me in concern cause normally I would've said something dumb, But here I am being quiet.

The gate behind us closed, eliminating the people that didn't manage to cross the tunnel in time. One guy tried to catch up but he was too late. Sucks to suck, dude.

"The creatures in this wetlands are not to be underestimated for they will use every trick in the book to fool their prey," Satotz said, catching our attention once again. "This is an ecosystem in which all creatures hunt by the art of deception, That is why it is called Swindler's swamp."

I tuned out everything as I enter my La La land, Long speeches easily bore me out. My mind theater was about to turn exciting when it was poofed out when I heard someone yelling something.

"He is lying! That man has lied to you!"A man accused Satotz who just looked at him unfazed. Talk about an unbothered queen.

"He is an impostor, A total fraud!"

'Things are getting exciting~' I thought as I smirked as I watch the scene unfolds.

====================

Arc1:{Chapter 4: Voted Out the Imposter}