Chapter 2: They are a runner, They are a- but they are riding a balloon dog.

Arc1:{Chapter 2: They are a runner, They are a- but they are riding a balloon dog.

Recap: 

"I apologize for the wait, The entry period for the Hunter applicants has ended. The Hunter exam will now begin! And a final caution. If you are sorted in luck or ability, you could very well end up seriously injured or even dead. Those who accept the risks, please follow me. Otherwise, please exit the premises via the elevator that is behind you." He said before waiting if someone will chicken out and leave.

'This is it, It's finally starting...how exciting~' I thought as I smirked behind my mask. I was too caught up with my thought that I didn't notice...

Pair of eyes looking at me that belongs to two boys who will be a part of my rollercoaster-like life.

============================================================

??? Pov:

The examiner waited for someone to chicken out of the exam but it seems that no one wants to quit. What an admirable bunch of examinees~

I got a clear look at our examiner and can't help but notice his...oh so wonderful-looking mustache.

"He got a funny-looking mustache," I said out loud while smiling innocently behind my mask. I made my voice sound like a childish 10-year-old boy because why not?

Some examiners looked at me with raised brows, others snickered quietly while some chose to ignore what I said. I can even see Mr. Mustachio's eye twitching...does he have an eye condition or is it my curse thing taking effect on him?

For some reason, A lot of people who I talked to in the past, Their eye keeps twitching whenever I chat with them so I thought that maybe I am cursed to make a lot of people's eye twitch whenever they talk to me.

I zoned out for a bit but was brought back to reality when Mr. Mustachio finally talked.

"My name is Satotz, I will be your examiner for the first phase of your Hunter exam. you follow me to the second phase. This is the exam's first phase." Mr.Mustachio whose name is finally revealed to be Satotz...I still think Mr.Mustachio is better.

The examinees all immediately followed Satotz while I stayed back, watching them with a smirk and a mischievousness shining on my eyes that is hidden behind my mask.

"Well, He didn't say how we should follow him~," I said to no one as I grabbed a piece of red balloon out of my pocket.

============================================================

3rd Pov:

Two hours have passed since the start of the exam. The applicants have traveled over thirty kilometers from the starting line. And many applicants have started to drop out-

'Well, not me!' our mysterious mc interrupted our narrator's wonderful narration.

Our mc rode their big red balloon dog, Hopping from one applicant to another, taking their precious time catching up to Satotz.

"Hop, hop, hop we go to the finish line~" Mc sang as they and their balloon dog ride hopped over the other applicants. They were having a fun time when it was interrupted by someone yelling at them.

"Hey, This is an endurance test. That is cheating!" A certain briefcase-wielding man yelled at them which made them look behind and saw four boys. Three of them were running while the albino boy is riding a skateboard.

"Huh?" Mc tilted their head to the side while looking at them with a questioning expression...not that they would see it from behind the mask.

The innocent-looking boy clad in green quickly defended our mc and albino boy from the short-tempered adult.

"No, it isn't." The fishing rod boy said.

The albino boy looked at mc which made them look at him too. You can see an imaginary question mark floating above their head.

" Hey, how old are you?" He asked them.

"12 years old." They answered. In our MCs' mind, They thought that they look cool while answering him.

"Hmm..." An imaginary arrow struck our poor MC's ego at his response. And here they thought that he found them cool.

Mc perked up when they heard the albino boy ask the fishing rod boy the same question.

 "I am twelve years old." The fishing rod boy answered which made Mc perk up even more. Someone their age and probably their height, Our mc is hopeful that he is not taller than them.

'We're the same age.' Albino boy thought as he glanced at rod boy and mc before doing a cool trick with his skateboard and started running like the others.

"Guess I'll run too." He said as he runs beside rod boy. The two then looked at mc with an expectant look.

Mc flinched at the sudden attention of the two before shrugging their shoulders as they hop off the big balloon dog (They also didn't forget to do a ton of flips in the air when they hopped off). They landed in the middle of the and started running with them. They snapped their fingers which made the big balloon dog swiftly float 5 kilometers away behind them before exploding into confetti and sparkles.

The boys were stunned, they both look at mc with awe in their eyes which boosted their deflated ego by a mile.