One Shot John Doe (COMPLETE)

The beeping of your alarm wakes you from your somewhat decent sleep with an agitated groan. You don’t even feel all that well rested. Sometimes you wonder why you bother to sleep but despite that you hop out of bed and stumble into your bathroom. You feel like it’s just another boring day that will drag on.

     With little energy as well as motivation you turn on the faucet to your shower/bath. As you were about to hop in you then  remembered to grab your work clothes, hastily you scrambled to get your work uniform.

After setting down your clothes you finally get in the shower. It wasn’t long before your mind went blank. Feeling the water hit your back and wetting your hair was always so relaxing yet just what you needed to wake up. This was nice, but of course it didn’t last long. You washed your body, your hair, you washed your face, and finally you conditioned your hair. Cautiously you stepped out of the shower snatching your towel before very quickly drying off.

    When your clothes were on and your hair was styled you quickly ran to the kitchen and made yourself a couple of waffles. You scarfed them down before grabbing your belongings and running out the door.

Luckily you were just in time to catch your bus as you got to your stop. Usually it’s very boring and a bit long. You pull out your phone and headphones to watch My Little Pony, you were desperate for an ounce of serotonin and what better way than to relive your childhood by watching a cartoon with colorful horses. A smile grows widely on your face as you hear the song and you know song so well that you could sing the lyrics by heart. Of course doing that on a subway would be awkward. The episode was called “Bats!” definitely one of your favorites. You reminisce about all the episodes you’ve seen as well as merchandise you used to own. You could just remember almost every piece of fan art you made: albeit a little messy.

Just as you were gonna remember even more you spotted something—no—someone out of your preifereal. You look up to the person across from you. Why they’re looking directly at you, their stare is so piercing. They had long curly black hair, they had a black shirt with an eye on it and you were pretty sure it was DIY-ed or something, they also had a black hoodie hanging off their shoulders as well as black pants. They seemed harmless at least. Maybe they weren’t staring at you, rather they were staring at something in your direction. However there’s nothing to stare at.

You convince yourself you’re paranoid and turn your attention back to your show. Then the absolute banger “Bats” came on and you had to fight the primal urge just to mosh or froth at the mouth. As a kid you weren’t sure which side to pick—you still don’t—but Fluttershy and Applejack had BARS! Watching them talk about apples so much kind of made you crave some. You’d definitely would sing  “Stop the bats, stop the bats, make them go and not come back,” all day. You then thought about spending your next paycheck on a My Little Pony cosplay, you just had to.
But the fact you were done with over half of this episode made you wonder why this ride was longer than usual.

You looked back at the stranger taking in all their features once more. But this time they had a heart on their shirt. You did a double take, you had sworn the shirt had something else on it. But maybe your were imagining things. You also think you saw their hair moving by itself but that’s not actually happening, was it? You find it all a little odd, a bit creepy even,but this stranger wasn’t bad looking, you’d be lying if you said you didn’t find them cute or somewhat attractive. You kind of wanted to say something to them in hopes of at least making a new friend, you tried to think of something cool to say.

      Nothing. As you left the bus to approach the gas station you work at you couldn’t help but to feel a little defeated you didn’t do or say much. It is what it is you supposed, but it didn’t matter now that you were at work.