A Song on the Sea

"Good morning Lassi. I hope ya slept well." Blackstone said upon seeing her open her eyes. She tried to scream and run but there was something preventing her from doing either, some invisible force that silenced her voice and held her in place. She could hear the gentle strum of a guitar somewhere nearby. "Aye there little lassi. I know this be a scary sitiation for ya. Don't worry that tiny little head a' yers. We ain't gonna hurtcha." She didn't know if she should trust him but even for a seven year old she was smart. She knew that all she'd ever heard about Blackstone were things that people said. They could be nothing more than exaggerated rumors. "We don't plan on keepin ya forever little lassi, we be sendin ya off ta yer parents as soon as we be gettin ar pay. But while ye here ye be part a' the junior crew. There ain't much ta be done, it mostly be an honorary title. But ye be helpin out a bit and ye be promised food and a hammock and ye get free reign a' the ship. All ya gotta do is promise ye don't be tryna jump off the edge. The water this far from shore don't be very forgiving for a young lassi like yerself." He seemed to be waiting for her affirmation. She nodded her head that she would comply. He might have been lying but she didn't see any reason for him to. She knew she had been kidnapped and she could only assume based on context clues that they weren't near shore. Being alone in the middle of the ocean with only his pirate comrades around he could very well just kill her or stuff her in a crate and the implications would be small. If he had wanted to do that, she assumed he would have done it already.

"Aye, welcome to the junior crew a' The Bloody Rift Lassi!" Blackstone said standing up from the spot where he'd been sitting just a moment ago. "Sylver, thank ye for the assistance." He said looking behind her. The music stopped and she was able to move again. She stood and turned to see the person Blackstone was addressing. There behind her, slumped on crates, guitar in hand, was the guard she had seen last night at the ball. This time he was wearing a linen shirt open to see the top of his toned, slightly hairy chest. An open doublet jacket lay on top. It was fancy, it looked as if it had been ripped right off of a general, from a nation she'd never heard of. His hair was rougher under his worn feather-clad tricorn hat. It was roughly braided with a swoop of hair that laid to the side of his head. He had black boots and loose cotton pants on. This outfit, though rougher, suited him much better. It was evident now that he was a pirate simply wearing the facade of a guard for the evening. She understood how this kidnapping had taken place now.

 She understood how this kidnapping had taken place now

"Anytime Landon." He replied. "Sparrow!" Blackstone, or Landon as she had found out was his real name, called to above deck. Not more than five seconds passed before a boy, about eight or nine years old, swung down from the opening where the stairs led up. Using the edge as a hand hold he swung down, crashing into Blackstone in the process. The force of the kid hitting him knocked him to the floor with the kid landing not so gracefully on top. Sylver let out a laugh watching this display of tomfoolery that seemed to always occur with this kid. Tialha tried her best to contain her laugh but a little slipped out. To see the man many considered to be the King of the Sea bested by a little kid, it was quite a sight.