The Sound of Wedding Bells

When they arrived back to the ship things were about as they'd expected. Nerithae was breaking up an argument, Lawrence was talking with some strangers off to the side of the ship, and Simmons was eating an orange, sitting on the side of the ship talking to Wave who was fishing. Sparrow joined Lawrence, communing with the strangers who in the end were only hunters looking to trade their catch for gold. It was a trade happily accepted by the half of the crew that'd stayed behind on the ship. They'd apparently eaten nothing but fish and oranges in days.

That night when only she, Lawrence and Simmons were awake, Lawrence took his shift at the helm. "Hey, do you remember when we all still lived in Skelor and you always said that when I got married one day that you would make my dress for me?" Tialha asked, sitting down next to Simmons at the edge of the ship, legs entwined in the rail. "O' course." He replied as he bit into the unpeeled orange he held. "Sage green with gold, floral accents. Open shoulder, sheer cape. And that gem belt loop that reminds you of the sun." He pulled out a golden belt buckle from his pocket, holding it out in front of her to see. "You've had your request in my books for years. At this point I've memorized every detail." They both chuckled. "I never put down a deposit, or told you specifically what dress I want... or even had a date I needed it by. There's no way I'm in your books." She replied, a bit of a sarcastic tone to her voice. "Then how do I know exactly what you want?" He raised an eyebrow at her, taking another bite of his orange. "You do know exactly what I want." She laughed, giving him a nudge on the shoulder. "You really are in my books though." He said as their laughter died down. "I'll show you if we ever go back someday." "But I never put down a deposit, you never write people into your books unless they've given you a deposit first." She argued. He shrugged his shoulders. "You're the exception to that."

Over the next few weeks while Simmons worked on her dress, they talked about the wedding, planning it to make sure they had a good blend of elven and human traditions.

"Good morning." Nerithae said as Tialha slowly began to gain consciousness. "What time is it?" She replied groggily. "Time for you to get up, I told ya you should've gone to bed early last night." "No you didn't." Tialha cheekily replied. "Yah she did." Girah chimed in. Tialha shot up, looking over at Girah who was tinkering with a few pieces of metal. "Mornin' Princess." Girah reacted. She rolled her eyes, a small smile on her face. "Come on, you do need to get up. You're getting married in three hours. Ya gotta get ready." Her eyes widened in realization. "Oh shit! It's my wedding day!" She began to rush to get out of her hammock. "Fugh, that ain't no word for a princess there Princess." Girah laughed. She rolled her eyes as she began to pull on her knickers. "What can I say, I guess you all are rubbing off on me." The two helped her into her dress and braided her hair with traditional braids that ladies and some men would wear in Skelor for their weddings. Of course Nerithae did most of the braiding, she'd seen and braided them before. Getting ready took a few hours but she was beautiful once she was finally ready.

 Getting ready took a few hours but she was beautiful once she was finally ready