Chapter 13 - The Samurai and the War veterans

Naruto: Tales of Ashihara

Prologue – Arc 2: The Daitengu

.

Chapter 13: The Samurai and the War Veterans

.

At the northern border of Mizu no Kuni, two men are silently watching the waves. They don't talk, just look at the horizon without saying a word. One of these two is Suigetsu Hozuki, former member of Taka and Akatsuki, and former wielder of the Kubikiribocho.

"It's so cold... I think I'm literally gonna turn into a snow man." he says to break the silence.

"Not that cold, I think." answers the other person, a young man with short white hair, wearing a blue head band, a blue samurai armor and a sword scabbard attached to his belt.

"You can talk. Look how you're dressed!" yells Suigetsu. "Do you wear this even in summer?"

"Yes I do. Summer or Winter... Whatever. It's always ice-cold where I come from."

This man is called Daisuke. He is a samurai from Tetsu no Kuni who left the country for personal motivations. He was born with a Kekkei Genkai derived from Earth Release that allows him to use jutsus to manipulate and create Steel. But since samurai don't use ninjutsu, he left the Three Wolves Mountain to travel through the ninja world and learn about their way of being. However, his Kekkei Genkai isn't what gives him the upper hand in fights. What does is his Kenjutsu and his unique sword: the Yawarakai. Its blade has the ability to cut through anything. Fire, Lightning, Rock, Metal,... He can slice through it like it's butter. This isn't just a power of the blade, it also requires an extremely precise and advanced knowledge of Kenjutsu.

Suigetsu and Sasuke met him shortly after Sasuke was released from prison. They were looking for the Kubikiribocho at the Samurai bridge where Suigetsu lost it, only to find out that it had been returned to Kiri after the war. Still, this trip allowed them to meet this samurai who was leaving the country at the same time. Since then, Suigetsu and Daisuke have been traveling together as a duo of swordsman, even if only one of them has a sword worthy of the name.

As they are still chatting and contemplating the ocean before them, a space-time rift appears under their eyes and Sasuke, Tsubai, Naomi and Kobo come out of it.

"What the hell was that?" asks Suigetsu. "Did you guys really just walked through this floating hole like it's the door to a pub?"

"Man, I lost the count of weird things this man shows to me at this point." answers Tsubai, wanting to make conversation as soon as he arrives. "I saw him fight a flying god, summon a giant samurai, teleport, rip souls out of bodies, fight a dragon, create meteors... I just stopped giving a fuck."

Suigetsu simply looks at Tsubai, trying to guess if he's supposed to know him or not. He turns to Sasuke to maybe get some clues about this tall man, but the Uchiha just looks blankly at him, waiting for his moment to talk. Suigetsu understands it, so he forgets about his questions. Noticing this moment of silence, Daisuke decides to greet everyone.

"Hello, Sasuke Uchiha. Long time no see. And nice to meet everyone here. Especially you, miss." says Daisuke at last while staring at Naomi with a gentle smile on his face. "My name is Daisuke, I'm a 20 years old wandering samurai seeking for reasons to live in this new world. And you, beautiful, What is your name?"

"Who are we looking for?" Naomi says, ignoring Daisuke's greeting. "The hopeless romantic or the fish face?"

"Whoever agrees to follow us." answers Sasuke.