Chapter 89 - Crow

Naruto: Tales of Ashihara

Kakumei – Arc 4: Might Makes Right

.

Chapter 89 – Crow

.

In Ryuka, in a yet quiet afternoon, one of the modest houses of this peaceful village suddenly blew up, victim of a surprise attack. After the explosion, Izuna Uchiha, who was blown through the wall before the blast could reach him, opens his eyes and looks around, still holding the picture of his brother's parents in his hand.

He didn't take much damage from it, but is still feeling fuzzy due to how sudden the action was. Having been repelled through the wall by the repulsion and Konohamaru's Adamantine Staff, he has trouble standing up and so decides to stay lying on his stomach. He tries to wash his confusion away and remembers what happened. Konohamaru had yet sealed every opening that could have allowed a surprise attack. They certainly couldn't expect a trapped weapon to be thrown through the walls with such accuracy.

Izuna tries looking behind him to see if Inoue is safe. She was sent flying further away and crashed against another house. By focusing the best he can in his current state, Izuna can feel her chakra flowing, meaning she's still alive. But this little relief isn't enough for him to get at ease. In front of him, he sees the collapsed house in which he was standing seconds ago.

Jin Heihachiro and Captain Sarutobi must be trapped under the debris. These two took the explosion from way up closer, so their chances are way thinner. As Izuna focuses again to sense their chakra, he's distracted by a flock of crows, the same as the one Inoue saw flying over the beach earlier.

Half of those black birds come closer to the destroyed house and all gather in a small space before a sudden cloud of mist hides them. When it settles, a person appears standing on the wreckage. It's a man with light blue spiky hair, gray eyes and white skin, and who's wearing a long black vest over a buttoned shirt, military pants, sandals and gloves.

This person starts lifting the broken pieces of the house and throwing them away to reveal the body of Konohamaru lying on Sir Heihachiro. They're both completely unconscious and bleeding out from several wounds. The man in the black vest pushes the Jonin away with his feet and gets on his knees next to the one who's probably his target.

Out from the debris, he pulls his sword that he sent flying through the walls of this house earlier. Surprisingly, it seems undamaged by the explosion and still has an intact blade that he uses to swiftly slit the old man's throat.

"no!..." Izuna exclaims quietly and hopelessly, spectating the scene as this stranger simply does his business.

The man now crouches next to Konohamaru and lies his hand on his forehead, covering his headband.

Saiko Denshin (Psycho Mind Transmission)

He enters the ninja's subconscious and extracts the information he needs, leading him to find out that the agents of the Hokage have already gotten the information from his target. Oddly, he isn't disappointed. He looks up and now sees the Uchiha of Konoha raising his hand toward him, as if he wanted to catch him but his body isn't following.

The man in black stands up, sparing Konohamaru's life, and walks toward Izuna, ignoring the crowd of villagers who are curiously but timidly gathering around the house to see what is happening.

"It appears I have been voluntarily delayed in my mission." he says. "Now I don't see what benefit my employer could still get from this hire, but whatever. At least, I get to meet those who sent Voodoo to jail... If I'm not mistaken, you're Izuna Uchiha, student of the 7th Hokage, right?"