Chapter 83 - Heating the moment

Naruto: Tales of Ashihara

Kakumei – Arc 4: Might Makes Right

.

Chapter 83 – Heating the moment

.

At the end of the day, after hours spent training his perception of movements and focusing with the Byakugan on another planet, Boruto Hyuga is sitting on a swing attached to a tree in front of the ninja academy's entrance. Tired from his day-long effort, he thinks of everything he's learned and everything that will come, while waiting for his little sister.

Next to him is a second swing strapped to the same branch, that Naruto personally installed here as to deal with his past and symbolize his breakout of loneliness. A young girl comes to sit here, by Boruto's side. Blue eyes, blonde hair, wearing a white buttoned shirt and a short black skirt. She obviously noticed the well-known young man sitting there, but pretends she didn't, too shy to engage in conversation with someone like him.

Also waiting for someone in the academy, she relaxes and starts to whistle a little rhythm often brought to her ears by her father. Boruto, deep in his memories, is brought back by the little song that he recognizes from somewhere. It was the janitor of the academy, Inaka Doroku, who used to sing this annoying piece and get on his nerves.

Without moving his head, Boruto notices the girl next to him in his Byakugan's view field. To make her stop her whistling, and out of excitement, he starts speaking his thoughts out, about his training day.

"It's still hard to believe... I just asked him to teach me, with not much expectation, but that was... ground-breaking! Jutsus to level villages, foreign world landscapes as training grounds, super human perception... That was really over the top."

The girl doesn't even understand what he says. She just wonders if he's actually talking with her and feels flattered, but she's too anxious to answer.

"Even grandpa 4th, or my dad, or anyone in the world, didn't have the privilege to receive such a training." Boruto continues. "I was already better than everyone before me at the academy. But there's still people around my age who are out of my reach in other lands. With this training, I'm sure I'll finally beat Takeshi... But Kawaki... He must be far stronger than what I actually saw him do. Would Takeshi be able to stand his ground against him?"

After this question, a silence, as if he actually expects an answer. The girl doesn't know anything about Takeshi Minamoto other than his name. Still feeling like it's her turn to talk, she tries.

"Wh-Why are you telling me this?" she asks, hoping that she didn't get it wrong and that he was actually speaking to her.

"Hm... I don't know. You're sitting there, and I feel like I need to speak out about some stuff." Boruto answers before going on about Kawaki. "Sasuke-sensei's lessons to me feel like their main purpose is to defeat this guy. It's all just heating up the moment we meet again. He has to be my rival. Even more since I've learned about his ties with Hikari's ruler... About him, should I ask Sensei about it? Who is he?"

"Sensei? You mean Lord Hokage, or Sasuke Uchiha?" the girl asks, now participating in the conversation. "I didn't know you were Sasuke Uchiha's student."

"I wasn't until yesterday."

"So what about Hikari's ruler?" she says. "Why would Sasuke Uchiha think anything about him?"

Boruto doesn't answer. He may feel like speaking out his thoughts, but he still needs to keep other people's secrets safe. Instead he changes the topic again, and makes it more about him.