anxiety [ ❥, ❧ ]

Stepping past the other recruits, she strides past the team towards you at the other end of the room. She can feel the anxiety coming off you in waves as you lean against the wall, slipping your helmet off and covering your face with your hand as she approaches. You see her coming and your shoulders relax a little at the sight of such a familiar face, even under such dire circumstances.

"Is there anything I can do?" Her voice is quiet as she speaks, reaching out to put a hand on your arm. You relax under her touch, and she notices it, rubbing your bicep gently as she tries to soothe away as much of your stress as she can.

"No." You shake your head, tone sharper than you mean for it to be. She gives you a look and you abate, exhaling deeply as you duck your head and pinch the bridge of your nose in tiredness. "No, it's just- it's different now that it's Street. He's my friend, I'm bound to be more on edge when it's someone I care about."

"I get that, baby." She says softly. Guiding your hand away from your face, she puts her hand on the crux of your neck and brushes her thumb back and forth over your exposed skin as her eyes find yours again. "Just... don't get too caught up in it all, yeah? Everyone's here for you. I'm here for you."

"I know that. Thank you, love." You smile, reaching for her hand and squeezing it tightly in your own. She does the same, and seconds later your reverie is broken by the team beckoning you back over. "We should get back. Last thing I want is to give Hondo another reason to stick me in the cargo hold again."