↳ this could be a disaster

[ y/n ]

"don't you think you're thinking too much about this?" the voice of my almost ex best friend says as if i need any if this judgment right now.

you see this is why i don't tell people things like this because i'll be called dramatic or something along those lines.

"i'm considering all the perspectives here. no need to be so...like that." i tell him, throwing myself on the chair next to him.

"you're over thinking." taehyun sighs out earning him a glare from me.

"okay but what if i go and tell him i'm pretty much in love with him and he doesn't say it back just because you somehow convinced me that we're both on the same page? poof, there goes our friendship." i ask him, making hand gestures to what i was saying and he just rolls his eyes. nope this is too much.

"you said you think he could feel the same way."

"what if i read that completely wrong."

"i'm giving up on you."

"you know beomgyu asked me if there was something going on between us the other day. i damn near blushed." i mentioned, completely ignoring what he said.

"tell him how you feel about him."

as if it's that easy. it's not easy telling someone you've been friends with for literal years that you've developed feelings for them years ago.

"what if he stops talking to me? o. could just tell him i'm drunk and that he should ignore all that to save myself."

"you're giving me a headache. its kai, he's not gonna make it awkward if you don't. plus he's not dumb enough to believe that."

"you're right. i'll keep it to myself then." i tell him, nodding to myself because that's honestly the best idea i could come up with.

taehyun rapidly shakes his head. "you're telling him tonight. you're already having that date, no?"

"shhh,don't say that. it's not a date, he's helping me with my assignment." i quietly correct him.

"whatever. you're telling him tonight."

"fine. i'll go it. i can fo this." i tell him, trying to hype myself up.

--

"i can't do this." i whisper into the phone.

i'm hiding in the bathroom because i just when i was gonna tell kai how i felt, i chickened out.

"stop being a pussy and tell him. i swear, he won't freak out or stop talking to you." taehyun tries to reassure me but i'm too far gone if i'm being honest.

"no taehyun, i don't think you understand. i'm shitting, pissing, crying amd throwing up right now, i cannot do this-"

i'm interrupted by a loud knock on the door amd kai's. worried voice.

"are you okay in there? you've been gone for a while."

"that's your cue to stop being a coward and tell him." taehyun says before hanging up.

"y/n?? are you there?"

"uhh yeah, i'm coming."

i flush the toilet to be less suspicious and i splash water on my face before wiping it off. with my sleeve. i smile into the mirror before walking out.

"let's go?" he nods and we walk back to his room to complete the assignment.

i write down some notes while he types when i decided it's time to just tell him.

"hey, you know, i really like you." i just blurt out before i can even stop myself.

"i like you too." he just nonchalantly tells me, smiling slightly but he's still looking at the screen.

sorry what?

i turn my head to look at him and he does the same.

"what?" he asks me. but im still too stunned to speak.

"you said-"

"i like you too. for a while now actually. i didn't know to tell you."

shit so taehyun was right.

"i always thought you didn't feel the same. my mind went crazy thinking that this could be a disaster."

he looks at me smiling and realized i started rambling. his smile is literally so beautiful.

"you think too much."

"taehyun said the same thing." i tell him, returning his smile.

"because it's true. how about we finish this and talk more about it after." he suggests but i barely process what he's saying because im still shocked.

"or we finish this conversation then the assignment?"

he laughs lightly before nodding his head.

"okay, let's talk about it."

his smile widens i go into overdrive, i can't process all of this. maybe i was being dramatic after all.

--

i thought i'd post something for kai's birthday bc it's like 7pm on the 14th still do why not.

anyway LOOK AT THIS BEAUTIFUL MAN 😭