The bittersweet end

Two years have passed and unlike people believed Athena was still alive though unalienable to move on her own and not able to talk at all. Though Diluc didn't mind it he loved her and only her.

    There were quite a few times where people asked if he's ever going to look for a lover to fulfill he's needs but his answer was always the same.

" I promised to only love Athena for all of my life and I'll keep that promise till the day i die"

    He honestly didn't know why people keep asking him. He even spends half his day's siting by the lake reading her a book while she quietly sleeps and enjoys the warmth of the sun or a cool summer breeze.

    There lives were peaceful and nothing was going to change that.

"Athena"

  She nodded ever so slightly. If not for being used to the small gesture's she did he wold have thought she could not move at all or he was being ignored. But he knew she was listening and enjoy him talk.

" I love you "

  Then words sounded so warm as he hugged her from behind while sitting on the usual bench next to the lake and watching the sunset. This was perfect. She of course had her way of answering though not always possible she learned into him just slightly as if giving an answer.

  For the more observant eye this was a beautiful scene. I loved it to and I'm sorry they me going away and meeting the others made mama and papa so sad. Though of there was one thing I'd like to tell them bit it probably be.

" I love you, mama, papa"

The wind echoed and little this this small soul know they heard what there child had to say and both cried quietly as they smiles to the sunset for all the year together to come and hopefully recover. Though they never knew a child's love they knew love and that it's was warm and genuine wether it be for each other or the one they never knew.

And that's the end hope you enjoyed . Though this was supposed to be sad I'm not one to create to much sadness in my writing. Thank you for reaching. Author <3