Acceptance

She embraced him, something that she has had difficulty doing for the past few weeks. The others didn't understand the significance but this had a bigger meaning to Diluc that they could have imagined.

"Why can't you just accept the facts of what happened and move on"

"Did"

" Then why were you trying to kill yourself again"

"Wasn't"

"Actident or not, that was an attempt Athena, you know the state your in this was obvious going to happen!"

    Finally it hit her how stupid she was being. Though she could not stop the fact that she was depressed and it was making her die slowly even if no one wanted to admit it.

    After a month of staying in the same room at home and being monitored she was doing much better. Walking came easy, running not as much, taking wasn't difficult, but showing expressions wasn't easy especially when she didn't like doing so much anymore, yet she always made sure to muster a smile when she saw Diluc when he came back home.

     Each day she got better and it made Diluc happy while doing so. There lives were going back to normal, not fully, but mostly back to how it was before.

    Until the day people from Inazuma came for a visit and not knowing all that had happened in the past half a year started asking tone's of questions about it all

" Hi sis!"

" H-hi"

" You seem down baby sis, what's up"

" This is normal"

" Seriously~, see, I told you he's not going to make you happy, but oh well "

" He does make me happy"

" By the way why haven't you come to visit mum at all for so long, yeah i know big sis hates you for it cuz she believes you were supposed to stay home and look after her, but it's in the past now"

" Hey?"

" You still there? Your face is pale"

" I could have changed what happened?"

"Probably, but so could have any of us, you know"

" I was my fault mum died"

" Told you don't worry about it were all guilty, now, when are you coming to visit"

"Athena?"

   I was to late the shock had gotten to her and she had a panic attack.Thankfully Diluc came in just then. No one other then him knew how to deal with this, but it was to late even for him.

"She She could have been alive huff they could have  huff if i hadn't hadn't"

"Shhhh you'll be ok, you weren't responsible for any of it"

   Normally his warm and reassuring word's helped, but the thing happening in her head made it too late. Her thoughts that blocked any comfort made it so that she blacked out and that nightmare that's she had successfully blocked out came back and it was even worse. Before when they blamed her she didn't believe it and bumped it up to imagination, but now she knew that were true.

    All this took it's damage on the both, since after a month of panic attacks thoughts of during, blaming herself for both he child's and mother's death. And being unable to move half the time she  had gotten perilyzed from all the mental shock in her body.

    Most people that saw her knew she didn't have to much in her left and believe that she might die with that years and if she says even a bit longer than it would be a miricall.