Chapter 3

Chapter 3: Homecoming

    After accepting the task of preventing skin collapse, Shen Chu first got acquainted with the room arranged for the prince's companion.

    The general prince companions are the children of high-ranking officials, so they live in a small courtyard alone. The house is exquisite but not luxurious. There are also some bonsai in the courtyard, which looks very comfortable.

    However, as Shen Yanchu's son-in-law, Shen Yanchu's treatment was similar to those of the prince's companions.

    Speaking of which, Shen Yanchu was also a poor person. Shen Chu still remembered Shen Yanchu's life experience. He was originally the son of Lord Shen, but his mother's status was low, and his mother's family was a wealthy businessman, so he was not liked by Lord Shen, so he could only live carefully.

    Later, Concubine Shu was favored with the fifth prince. Shen Yanchu's mother and Concubine Shu were sisters, so she interceded with Concubine Shu before her death, so that Shen Yanchu took refuge with the fifth prince and was taught by the Taifu together with the fifth prince. Free from being bullied by family members.

    It's a pity that Shen Yanchu helped the wrong person from the beginning, and was tortured to death by Xiao Yu in the end.

    Shen Chu sat beside the bed with a long sigh, feeling that he had a long way to go, it was very difficult, and if he was not careful, he would be cut with thousands of swords.

    I just heard Xiao Shuo explain that he will take a rest tomorrow, and the prince can go home with his companion. The original book doesn't say much about Shen Yanchu's life experience, so Shen Chu decided to go home and have a look to find out, maybe when he can still use the Shen family.

    As for the task of preventing skin collapse, he should first familiarize himself with Shen Yanchu's character before making plans.

    Shen Chu packed up some necessary things, took out the waist card of leaving the palace, and went out.

    Prince Companion's residence is far from the harem and closer to the gate of the palace. However, Shen Chu also asked a sweeping eunuch before he found the gate of the palace.

    It was indeed the gate of the palace. Even the side gate looked domineering and majestic. The two stone lions outside the gate were tall and mighty. Next to the stone lions stood two teams of guards, who were monitoring every person entering and leaving the palace in high spirits.

    "General Xie!" shouted the brown-clad guard at the head. From Shen Chu, I couldn't see the appearance of the guard and the person who came, so it was not clear who came.

    But General Xie, he was somewhat impressed.

    Xie Yinge, a member of the family of generals, is also Xiao Yu's uncle. He is only twenty-one this year.

    Three generations of the Xie family have been loyal to the country, and now only Xie Yinge is left in this generation.

    He went to battle at the age of sixteen, and with only 30,000 soldiers and horses defended the enemy's storm of 80,000 soldiers and horses at Qingmen Pass.

    At the age of seventeen, he led a 100,000-strong army westward to conquer all the countries in the Western Regions and won great victories, but he returned triumphantly after three years.

    As long as there is Xie Yinge on the battlefield, he has never lost.

    However, Xie Yinge's elder sister was Xiao Yu's mother Yi Concubine in the palace. This Yi Concubine can be regarded as a national beauty, a beautiful country and a city, but she belongs to others and makes the emperor unhappy.