Extra 4

Extra 4: He Yan and Xie Yinge

Xie Yinge was the most helpless in this life, not his sister, not his parents before his death, nor the emperor's nephew.

What he couldn't help most was the He family and He Yan.

At that time, He Changting, Xie Yinge and the old general of the Xie family were old. After He Changting passed away, there was only one nephew, He Yan.

When He Yan came, Xie Yinge was only ten years old, and He Yan was six or seven years old. He Dian was fair-skinned and pleasant, and followed behind him like a pink and tender milk dumpling.

Xie Yinge was naughty when he was young, and he always bullied children and called him uncle.

However, time is always merciless, and soon Xie's family was destroyed, leaving only the elder sister and teenage Xie Yinge who were locked out in Yanqing Palace. In the huge general's mansion, there are only a straight young man with a straight back and a trusting and innocent little He Yan.

On the night that the news of General Xie's death came back, Xie Yinge knelt in the ancestral hall all night.

That night, there was lightning and thunder outside the ancestral hall, and the pouring rain almost drowned the ancestral hall. Several old servants of the Xie family waited outside the ancestral hall, worrying that their young master would fail.

However, when the weather cleared up the next day, Xie Yinge walked out slowly as usual. The straight back taught by the old general never bent down for a moment.

He smiled slightly and said, "The Xie family has no principal. I am my father's son, so naturally I have to come up."

Everyone could see the reluctance in this smile.

Afterwards, the preparations for the mourning hall, the funeral ceremony, and the mourning were all completed by Xie Yinge and the people. When the funeral of the old general and his wife was completed and the tomb was closed, he almost died.

Fortunately, Xiao He Yan was always by his side. Whenever Xie Yinge looked back, He Yan's big bright eyes would always stare at him blankly.

However, at the end of the funeral, Xie Yinge sent Xiao He Yan out as soon as possible.

The Xie family has a strong family, and now suddenly loses its pillar, I am afraid that those who have offended before will come to step on it. In addition, the eldest sister was locked in the palace, and he only had the title he had just inherited, so he probably couldn't protect He Yan well.

Taking advantage of the fact that his father had just passed away, and the people he befriended still had some pity, Xie Yinge immediately sent He Yan to Jiang Wanting's site, asking He Yan to learn art from a teacher, and then ask for a job based on the status of the He family when he came back. shade.

And he... in the ancestral hall that night, he had already thought about it, it's better not to be a drag on someone like him. His father fought all year round and never came home once for decades. His mother often missed his father and finally died in depression. Father worked hard for the country and worked hard all his life, but he only got a few rewards for his dedication to the country.

The Xie family is an aristocratic family, and the Xie family's reputation cannot be humiliated under his hands. And he was determined not to... not to marry another wife and have children, and to hand over such a heavy responsibility to later generations, nor to He Yan.

So He Yan is far away from Xie's house...the farther away, the better.

When Xiao He Yan left, he kept crying and refusing to leave. On weekdays, Xiao He Yan was always well-behaved and refused to say a word. However, on the day he left, he said all the good things and never let Xie Yinge's heart soften.