Part 2

***
There will be some changes in this story. Some characters will stay and some won't.
All characters and events are fictional. Any resemblance to real people or events is purely coincidental.

Enjoy reading my friend :)
"Thoughts"
***

Detroit Cemetery.

The sky was completely gray, and it was raining lightly, which forced many to hide under umbrellas. There were few people in the city cemetery who came to see off a woman named Lily Carter on her last journey. Her son looked at her grave and did not express any emotion. The woman's parents stood by. 

Ryan: Did you know my father?
Carter decided to ask them about Kelly and find out something about him.

Terry: How do you know? Lily told you?
His grandfather was not surprised by this question. But from the look on his face, he clearly didn't want to talk about it.

Ryan:Yes. And I saw pictures where they were together.

Terry:We knew him. Your mom even introduced us to him once.
Grandpa told about the relationship of Carter's parents. About how they moved and Lily decided to forget about Kelly and raise her child alone.

Ryan:I'll go to Chicago and find him there. Mom said he wanted to be a fireman. I think I'll start looking there.
This shocked Terry and Evelyn, who didn't expect their grandson to be leaving.

Evelyn:Do you really need to go to Chicago?

Ryan:If it turns out Kelly isn't my father. I'll be back. Otherwise... I'll see what I can do.

I've decided everything. I think everything will be alright.

***

City of Chicago. 10 a.m.

City of Chicago. Quite an interesting and stylish city in the USA with its own special atmosphere and various infrastructure. If Carter had time, he would spend it walking around the various places in this city. On the way to this city, he thought a lot. Thought about the meeting, thought about how Kelly would react to his appearance. What will he say. Carter was not afraid to enter a burning building. Not afraid to fight fire. But the upcoming meeting scared him very much.

Carter parked his motorcycle and headed for the Chicago Fire Department's main building.He wanted to know information about Kelly and hand over documents about his transfer. The man had a good relationship with the chief of his fire department. And it was thanks to him that he was able to carry out this translation. And Carter had to explain the reason for this decision.

Ryan:Sorry miss. My name is Ryan Carter. I came from the Detroit fire department for a transfer.
He approached a woman who was sitting at a table surrounded by a lot of papers and working at a computer. But the woman did not answer him.

Ryan:Miss?

???:Oh, I beg your pardon! We have a lot of work here lately. Did you want something?
Carter again explained to her why he had come to Chicago.
The paperwork took some time. And from that moment on, Carter officially became a candidate for the Fire Station 51 Rescue Squad. A woman named Angelica gave him the address of the fire station and told him who the chief was. 

***
Chicago Firehouse 51.

The building of the firehouse in which Carter arrived was not much different from the one in which he worked. He stopped at the gate and froze. There was only an ambulance inside. So the rest of the cars left, perhaps and are now busy extinguishing the fire. There was also a group of children inside, who apparently came on an excursion.

???:Are you a firefighter too?
Ryan looked at the little boy who wore a red firefighter's helmet on his head.

Ryan: W-well, yes, but I worked in another city, and now I came to work here.
Carter was embarrassed, he had never interacted with so many children. And he never gave a tour of the firehouse. Mike and sometimes John did it.

 ???:What car will you be driving?
The next question was asked by a little girl.

Ryan:I-I'm not sure exactly, but it might be a rescue squad car.
While the children were chatting with each other, Ryan noticed a fireman's jacket and approached it. The jacket was not new and the guy realized that she had been in more than one fire. While Ryan was examining the jacket, the children were approached by two girls who spotted the guy in their firehouse.

 ???: Excuse me sir, but who are you? And what are you doing here?
Carter was frightened and turned sharply in their direction.