Nine

While Cynthia was downstairs making Charlie lunch, Carlisle was doing his research on Celeste. He found out that there was another suitor. Someone he never met, someone who was the father of Celeste's baby. The child he never knew. He threw the paper he printed out away as he didn't care. His mate was born and that is all that matters. "I guess that is a good thing. She may have lied, but she gave me the woman who actually loves me."

Downstairs, Cynthia was cutting the ingredients for a salad. She felt arms wrap around her causing her to cut herself. "Shit!"

"I didn't mean to scare you." He says as he looked at her hand. "Come on. I'll stitch it up."

"Okay."
~~~
In the hospital room, Carlisle was fixing her hand. "Celeste did have a child with another man, but it doesn't affect me."

"That's your first love..."

"But I have my true love in front of me." He says as he finished up.

Cynthia looked at him. Carlisle laid the match he had burning the end of the stitches off. Cynthia leaned up and kissed him. Feeling his hand, Cynthia let him get between her legs so the kiss could deepen. They never saw the door opening as the others came home, but stopped seeing Cynthia and Carlisle having a moment.

The blonde looked and screamed out as she buried her face. "Why are you here and not at school?' She asked them.

"We need to talk."

Cynthia groaned as Carlisle chuckled. "Why don't you go see your father and I'll deal with them."

"Deal."

The others watched Cynthia walk out causing Carlisle to look at them. "Next time, stay out of this room when we're busy."

"Sorry, but it's about Bella..."
~~~
Cynthia saw her dad about to leave making her smile as she got out of her car. "Hi, daddy."

"Hey, I didn't see you last night."

"Yeah, I stayed the night with Carlisle." She says blushing. "It was needed."

"I understand." He sighed. "Are you going to be home tonight?"

"Yeah. Carlisle needs a talk with his children so I'll cook dinner for all three of us." She says. "I will call Carlisle to let him know so he won't be worried."

"Okay. Are you off today?" Cynthia nodded. "I already know what you are going to do."

"Clean." She says with a smile causing Charlie to kiss her head before getting in the cruiser. "Here." She handed his lunch. "I made this before I cut my hand. I was going to bring it by while you were at work, but we kind of got interrupted."

Charlie laughed. "Thanks, sweetie. I'll be back later."

"Bye."

Cynthia watched as Charlie left causing her to smile. She walked into the house and knew what she needed to do first. Lay the meat out and start cleaning as it unthaws.