Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Sixteen: The Helicopter

The storytellers travelled a pretty good distance across Germany to find an airport. Berlin was the closest to them. Mystic used a spell to make them invisible and they snuck pass security before arriving at a small hanger.

"We could take a helicopter that might work better. Can you fly a helicopter, Bob?" Emlyn asked looking at the assortment of flying mobiles.

"Yep, sure can, let's take that one." Bob pointed at a standardized helicopter that was painted black.

They all climbed inside, and Bob started it up and flew it out of the hanger. Security quickly discovered they weren't supposed to be there and began firing at them. "They're shooting at us what do we do?" Emlyn asked looking at her friends.

"I got this." Stella replied as she used her powers to form a shield around the helicopter. The bullets immediately bounced off the light blue glittery ball surrounding them.

"Great now this thing should have a GPS." Emlyn said as she looked around for it. Once she found it, she set the location for the White House in Washington DC. "Ok Bob drop me off and then I'll set it for NYC. You'll see the obvious statue of liberty. Go in and set up the portal and I'll face off with Camilla. I'll use the ring and teleport us there and throw her in." Emlyn laid out the plan carefully and they all nodded.

"You got it Emlyn." Bob responded as they all flew silently across the country. Everything was coming to an end and quickly.

***

After a while everyone had fallen asleep to rest and Bob looked at Emlyn. "I know your going to stay behind Emlyn. But there's something my father told me to tell you." They said and Emlyn didn't look surprised.

"What did Horrace tell you?" She asked and Bob looked at her with a half-smile.

"You'll have to come back to the fairytale world. He also said to warn you who you make friends with. Not everyone's really a friend." Bob explained to her, and Emlyn sighed.

"Should I come back now then? Instead of staying..." She asked him and Bob shook their head.

"No, it's not time yet. There's something else going to happen here. You must stop that first, then you'll return. Trust me, you'll know when." They replied and Emlyn nodded.

"Got it," she looked down to see the White House was just ahead.

"Hope you're ready for this." Bob said again with a half-smile.

"I know what I'm doing." Emlyn chuckled and shouted at her friends to wake up. She gave Stella the bag of items except for the poppies she crushed up. She then set the GPS for NYC.

"Go get 'em champ." Bob chuckled and they tossed a rope ladder off the plane. Emlyn climbed down onto the roof of the White House and watched her friends fly off.

She knew it was now or never that she ended this. Two hours remained and it was going down faster than ever.