2: Don't grow up too fast

A/N: So sorry haven't been updating for the last three weeks, had some family issues.

Chapter 2 title: Don't grow up too fast.Chapter 2 summary: He doesn't want her to grow up and not need her big brother anymore.

Oliver enters the living room, one of the quieter rooms in the Queen mansion tonight, glad to be away from the noise coming from the dining room that holds the party for his little sister on her 18th birthday. 18 Oliver thinks with a roll of his eyes as he sits down on one of the many cream couches dotted around the room. He looks around the dimly-lit room at the picture frames, each picture taken of both the Queen siblings on various vacations they took with their parents before five years ago. He chuckles inwardly when he sees the picture of the twelve year old version of his little sister, Thea, throwing snowballs at the 21 year old version of him up in the French Alps, both wearing smiles as their parents both laugh, a few months before the Gambit accident.

"That was one of my favourite memories of us together." Oliver smiles as he turns his head toward the doorway, his smile widening as he sees his not-so-little sister leaning against the door frame dressed in her sparkly grey dress, the very one he gave her earlier that morning wrapped in a black bag, a big white bow attached to the bag, and a twirling hug, her neck and wrists adorned with glow sticks, the theme of her party.

"Mine too." Oliver says, watching as Thea peels herself off the door frame and walks over to the couch her big brother occupies and sits next to him.

"Why aren't you enjoying your party?" Oliver asks, Thea shrugs, her neck glow stick bouncing.

"I saw you head out and thought you needed company." Thea responds. Oliver nods. "Thanks, Speedy." The eldest Queen sibling says, happy that she knows when he needs a time out. "Ollie, are you okay?" Thea asks. Oliver sighs. He'd thought he'd hidden the disappointment of Thea growing up from everyone, well  everyone except Thea.

"I was gone for 5 years and I missed everything: birthdays, holidays, everything, and now that I'm back, Time is moving too quickly and I can't stop it!" Oliver rants as Thea wraps her arms around him and draws him closer to her. Thea sighs. "I don't wanna miss any more time with you." Oliver says quietly, Thea sighs as she hears this. "Ollie, yeah, we've had five years apart but we've many, many years ahead to go, not to mention the rest of our lives, but no matter how old I get, I'm still going to be your little sister who needs my big brother here to chase off any monsters under my bed and hold me when I'm sick and to sit with me while I watch tv and scare any and all boyfriends that I bring back home and I need you to walk me down the aisle when the time comes,  but most importantly I need to protect me." Thea tells Oliver, putting her head on his shoulder. Oliver turns his lips and lets them graze the top of her hair and closes his eyes m, happy that his sister has chosen to leave her own party to spend time with him.

"I'll always need my big brother." Thea says softly.
"And I'll always need my little sister."