10 || Bad Luck

~~~~

I once sent my hopes

Upon the smallest matters

But then you came in

~~~~

"Excuse me, does anyone live in that house over there?"

An old lady turned to face Y/n and smiled. She looked over to the house Y/n pointed at and nodded.

"Yes, I believe a young man and his son live there. They used to live with their family there and came back after you and your mother left."

"Oh, is that so? Wait- Granny Ruoxin?"

The old woman laughed and nodded again. She took Y/n's hands into her own and welcomed her back to Qingce Village. Back when Y/n was younger, Granny Ruoxin would take care of her and the other children in the village.

"My, my, you've grown into such a beautiful young lady."

"Thank you very much."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The day went by and Y/n got to know everyone in Qingce Village whether she had known them before or not. Kazuha also stopped by and she introduced him to some of her old friends. Y/n thought everything was great until her father returned and found her and Kazuha together.

"Y/n? Who is this? And when did you come back?"

Kazuha could feel how uneasy she felt upon hearing her father's voice and held her hand tightly. Before turning around Y/n put on a smile and let out an awkward laugh.

"Father! It's been sooooooooo long! This is my boyfriend, Kazuha. I came back to Liyue a few months ago and I decided to stop by today."

The man glared at the two. "You're still as naive as ever. Get out of my sight and leave."

The fake smile on Y/n's face quickly fell and a more eerie one replaced it. Her father's expression stayed the same, a look that looked down upon the other. Kazuha couldn't help but feel angered by the man and pulled Y/n behind him.

"Although I may merely just be your daughter's lover to you, but I will not allow you to look down on her. I believe a parent's job is to support their children, no?"

Her father looked at Kazuha disgusted. As if he didn't want to be lectured by someone younger than him, he walked away with his back straight to prove he didn't care or maybe to prove his superiority. Y/n stuck her tongue out at him and then thanked Kazuha.

A loud burst of laughing and the sound of footsteps rushing over came from behind the two. When they turned around, Kazuha was tackled by Kai, Y/n's older brother.

"SEE I KNEW I WAS RIGHT! Sorry I thought you were more introverted, my guy."

'This guy... he reminds me of someone...' Kazuha thought.

"W-what a personality change! Kai, what happened to being all serious?! You sound just like Itto!"

"What are you talking about, Y/n?! I've always been like this! And who's Itto?"

Kazuha squirmed out of Kai's grasp and walked back to Y/n's side, watching the two siblings fight once more. It was starting to get late, Kazuha figured they would have to stay in Qingce Village for the night.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Oh, I didn't think Father would actually keep my room." Y/n gasped when she opened the door. The room was small. There was only a bed, a desk with a chair, and a small dresser. Other than that were a few stuffed animals and old clothes. Y/n flopped onto her bed, which was surprisingly well kept and clean.

"Seems like someone has been taking care of the room." Kazuha smiled, walking up to the bed and sitting next to his lover.

Y/n giggled and nodded. She had grown up in this room years ago and was glad to spend some time in it again, though she didn't plan on coming back once she starts visiting the other nations.

"You seriously think she's going to believe it?"

"She's a naive child. There's no way she wouldn't. Do your part, Kai."

Her father and brother's voices whispered through the wall. Y/n could barely make out what they were saying, but Kazuha on the other hand, could hear it as clear as day. He got off the bed and opened the window, looking at how far up the room was.

'Y/n should have a wind glider...'

As Kazuha opened his mouth to say something, someone knocked at the door. The voice was asking for Kazuha. Seeing Kazuha frown, Y/n felt hesitant to open the door. She didn't know what her "family" was planning, but she knew that it probably wasn't very good.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------