Chapter 1: First Contact

Spring break was near so it felt harder and harder dragging yourself to school but you had to. You got yourself out of bed feeling like not wanting to put any efford on how you looked today. You threw on some baggy jeans with a chunky belt, a red tank top and white sneakers. You didn't feel like bothering with makeup still you threw on some mascara and brushed your hair. You never went out without brushing your hair.

Soon you heard someone honk at your street, meaning it was your time to leave. You walked down stairs, to see your mom knock out on the sofa, some wine glass placed on the carpet with only a sip of red left. You put the glass on the coffee table, not wanting her to spill it when she wakes up. Your mom hasn't been ok since your dad passed away. It's been more than a year now but she never picked up the pieces. She loved you and you had a fine relationship but she loved him more. Your dad and your mom were the love each others lifes, they couldn't live without one another. Even though now she had to. After a spouse passing, most people with children get back to life after one point, the parental instict kicks in. Not with your mom. She said he was the air she breaths and now he's gone.

You loved your dad too ofcourse but someone had to be ok. You had take care of your mom after his death. You always had that instict, no matter how messed up you are if there was someone else messed up around, you picked yourself up, stepped in to take care of them. Usually it was drunk friends at parties but for more than a year it had been for your mom.

The car outside honked again. You rushed outside to the car that was waiting.

"Come on! We'll run late" Chrissy yelled from the open window of the backseat.

You jumped in the front seat. "Someone woke up late" Keith pointed out.

You just rolled your eyes. Keith was your boyfriend for around a year now. He picked you up every morning along with some other guys from the basketball team and the cheer squad. He always cared about how you looked. He would never miss out a chance to point it out if you didn't give to much thought on how you dressed or looked. Other than that he was nice.

You didn't really have much in common. You usually just exisisted together. All you could talk about was school, his basketball team and the gossip around them with cheerleaders. Nearly all his friends consisted of the basketball and the cheer team. He was way to extraverted. Through out your relationship ninty percent of the time you were hanging out around other people together. Chrissy was ok. She was nice and caring enough. She made conversation with you and cared about what you had to say but other than her you didn't really click with anyone in that circle. Still it has been helpful, always having meaningless chatter and gossip around you. It meant you can't get lost in your thoughts.

The car was full. You and Keith in the front, Chrissy and her boyfriend Jason at the back with another basketball player Patrick. Ten minutes drive and you were at school. This Friday, there was a big game and that's all you've been hearing about for a week. Today was gonna be the same. Keith wraped his arm around your waist as you walked through the halls. He never talked to you or looked at you till the bell rang. He was talking about how they were gonna beat that other school with Patrick. Your relationship was like this. Just exisisting. You had a physical connection, you kissed, made out, even more. Yet, it ended usually there. Being alone together was just that.

"Hey, y/n! Put some make up on before lunch ok? You sit at the good looking table, respect that" Keith said to you as you were about to enter your class.

You nodded with a fake smile. You walked in your maths class and suddenly someone tapped your shoulder. It was Chrissy.

"I'll borrow you my blush and eyeshadow" she whispered to you.