Chapter 4: Reconnecting

You walked to the parking lot. Eddie was leaning on his vans hood, smoking. You went next to him, also leaning on the hood.

"Hi" he said.

"Hi" you responded back. Then, it began a few minutes of awkward silence

"So... we're gonna stand here?" You asked.

"Right! Come on!" Eddie threw his cigarette to the ground and got in his car.

"Where are you taking me Munson?" You asked.

"Where do you wanna go?" You had no idea.

"Uhm... Eddie. You said you wanted to talk. About what?" you asked.

"Us... you... catching up" he said whispering.

"I don't know if it's fine for you, but I'd rather do that in private" You said. You didn't want to discuss all that in front of others.

"Ok. I get it. Is my place fine? Wayne is working" he said. You nodded.

The drive to his trailer was quite. He held the door for you to enter. When you walked in all the memories you had with him came to you. The trailer was still the same. You had spend so much time here when you were friends.

"As you can see, nothing really changed. Want anything to drink?" He asked opening his fridge. You were just standing up, looking around.

"We have coke, beer... and that's it" he said.

"Coke is ok" you said.

He opened you a bottle of coke and handed it to you. He grabed a beer for himself.

"You can sit down you know?" He pointed to his couch.

You nodded and sat down. He came and sat next to you.

"How is your mom?" He asked taking a sip from his beer.

"Better. She's getting out tomorrow. Hopefully..." you answered. "Uhm.. I'm sorry for the other night. Blaming you" you took a sip from your coke and placed it to the coffee table.

"It's fine. I get it. I'm glad she's doing ok. I just can't imagine her like that" he said with a sorry voice.

"I mean she never went back to being okay after dad. I'm used to how she is now, but this I didn't expect either" you said looking at your feet, trying hard to keep tears away.

"How she is now?" Eddie questioned.

When you two fell apart both you and your mom were a mess. You looked like you're doing fine now, but he never saw your mom.

"Remember how she was? She stayed that way" you said.

"I'm sorry. You know, you could have asked me for help?" He looked at you concerned.

You didn't know that. You thought it would have been a mess if you called him and you didn't want to deal with that along with everything. You didn't know how to pick it back up with Eddie. Yet again, that was your fault. He left you alone like you asked. You asked for it but never asked for him back.

"I'm sorry I didn't call. I just didn't know how..." you were playing with your fingers.

"You didn't know how? Y/N you were my best friend. You just pick up the phone and call." he raised his voice.

He saw you flinch at his tone, he lowered his voice. "You were getting more aggresive about wanting to be left alone, so I gave you the space. I thought you'd call me once you felt better. You never did. I didn't wanna push myself on you anymore, so I waited for a long time. Then, instead of calling me, I saw you in that jocks arms" he wasn't looking at you anymore, he was playing with his rings.