Meeting Billy (Part1)

___________________
Griffin's bedroom

Knock knock..

My mom slowly opened the door. "Griffin, are you awake..?" She says with a soft voice.
I slowly sit up and rub my eyes, pretending I actually got sleep last night.

"Come get breakfast when ur ready."
I quickly nod my head as she closes the bedroom door. I get up and start My boring morning routine.. get dressed, brush my teeth, pet the cat, eat, and then leave.
I hate riding the bus so my mom always takes me to school, but if there's no annoying kids, there has to be awkward car talks with your parents.

"Are you ok sweetheart?" My mother asks with a concerned look on her face.

"Yes, just tired." I respond, hoping she would drop the topic. Thankfully she did, but she kept giving me worried glances. She obviously knew I was lying.

The fact that my only friends are my mom, and my cat Lilly was starting to weigh on me.
I don't know if I want to try and make friends, I feel like I just drive people away. The only time people actually talk with me is when they're forced to for a school assignment, and then I never talk to them again. I just wish I wasn't so invisible.
As my gaze starts to soften, the car comes to a stop.

"Have a good day sweetie." My mother says
Great.. school.

"Bye." I said while getting out of the car, putting my book bag on my shoulder, and closing the door. She drives off and I start walking into school.
To be honest it feels like I've been hit by a truck, though despite the exhaustion my feet kept moving. I was like a mindless zombie... or a robot. Whatever I was, everyday just felt like a giant loop.
I guess it will be worth it when I can finally get a job and help my mom out. She has multiple jobs and she just seems so tired.. she works so hard just to put food on the table.

I'm snapped out of my thoughts as the bell rings. My legs had apparently taken me to class, which I have no memory of.
I have science class as my first period, normally I wouldn't mind, it's just that science has the most group projects so I have to deal with other humans first thing in the morning.

I rest my head down on my desk as the teacher starts explaining today's assignment. The next thing I know the teacher slams her ruler on my desk, startling me awake. I swear I only closed my eyes for a second

"Griffin, school is a place for learning, not sleeping. We're doing another group project and everyone else has picked partners."
Please let me work aloneeee.

"So you will be working with Billy." She continued as Billy walked toward us.

"Ok." I reply.. dammit.
All the students are spread out across the classroom floor, papers in hand. Me and Billy sat In a corner and just stared at the papers we were given.

"What are we doing?" I ask, not processing anything written on the paper.

"I think we're supposed to draw a bunch of rocks." Billy replied

"Cool.."
'CoOoL...' really?! That's what I choose to say?!
I look at the papers again. They all have descriptions of certain rocks inside and out. We have to draw every rock inside and out are you serious..
My eyes glance up to the boy sitting in front of me, Billy Showalter.. aka Paper Boy. He has dirty blonde hair, brown eyes, and he always wears the same orange Denver bronco sweater like every other day.
Billy looked up at me, I quickly realized my glance turned into a stare. I looked back down at the papers praying he didn't notice me staring. I saw him give me a.. kind of confused smirk in the corner of my eye which completely answered my question, he definitely noticed. He probably thinks I'm an idiot oh my gosh.. Griffin this is why you have no friends stop being weird.
Though.. his smirk sent a shiver down my spine. I felt this weird warm feeling in my stomach, I have no idea how to describe it. I just feel like I'm about to explode and I have no idea why, so before I actually do explode I start to sketch out my rocks.
The rest of the class went by pretty fast, though me, and Billy sat in complete silence the whole time. The teacher collected our papers so we could finish tomorrow. The next few classes were as boring as ever, then came lunch. Since I had no friends I sat in the bathroom and ate my packed lunch alone. Just me myself and I... alone with my thoughts, And of course, I was thinking of stupid Paper Boy. I bet I won't even talk to him ever again after the next class. I probably drove him away with my creepy staring.. ughh Griffin you ruin everything..