prologue

it’s just like any other day for someone ordinary like me, unlike everyone else i am the type of person who likes to stay at my bedroom all day until i rot or find something worth to do.

this is just how a timid person live their life, doing nothing besides laying on the bed and play games all the time. this is how i escape the reality, by playing games and reading books; it is where my life revolves.

speaking of reading, there was a time where i read a certain book, it’s about a girl who finds herself learning how to love. at that exact moment, i thought how foolish it was to believe in such thing.. love can only bring grief and hatred and that’s all. nothing but pain..

as my mind flows in the air i heard a loud bang coming from the kitchen, maybe my mom is going at it again. i got up from my seat and went out of my room to check what is going on, there i found my unconscious mom laying on the floor. i ran out of panic and grab her to couch.

“ w-water... ” she mumbles

“ what did you do this time, mom? ” i replied

“ i just wanna cook you something, it seems that something is bothering you since this morning so i thought i can help you. but once i tried the one i cook it tasted disgusting. i can still taste it. ” she replied with a worried and at the same time a worn out look on her face.

somehow this kind of gesture made me smile, at least i still believe in mother’s unconditional love for their child.

“ thank you for worrying at me, mom. i am okay you don’t have to worry.. ” i said

“ are you sure? ” she replied

“ yes, but you know what? i’ll take up on that offer. ” i said as i put a smile on my face, i know my mom is worried about me and i am grateful for that.

“ okay, sure! you are my precious son after all. ” she replied happily as she quickly goes back to the kitchen.

“ mom, i won’t mind the taste. i know you. ” i replied teasingly as i let out a small chuckle.

“ oh, c’mon! you are teasing me again! it will come out good, i’ll put my special magic on it called mother’s love. ” she replied.

once again, i can’t help but smile when i see my mother looking so happy. ever since my dad left, i became so worried for the two of us especially to my mom, dad’s the only one who can make her happy after all.. and yet, they had a son like me who doesn’t believe in love at all and calls it foolish.

“ i look forward to it then, mom. ”