Seven

(In the Shopping District, 2:45PM)

Haruhi better like this, Hikaru thought to himself as he held up a small knickknack that he had just purchased. I should be home taking care of Kaoru, but I wanted to get her something for...it doesn't matter. It just didn't help that Kaoru pretty much pushed me out the door...I wonder if he's really sick or...

Hikaru's thoughts are cut short by a loud bang from the heavens. 

"What the hell?!" Hikaru shouted out in surprise. His pace quickened, but his gaze stayed fixated on the sky. 

While he continued attempting to stare down the sky and stop the thunder from happening again, Hikaru's cascading thoughts were once again interrupted--but this time because of a small collision. Both Hikaru and the other party member landed on the sidewalk with hard, squishy thuds. After a moment on the ground, Hikaru's gaze finally fell from the sky to take in the person who ran into him. He was initially furious, but then his eyes landed on a girl about his age.

His angry words were lodged in his throat while he took her in. She had sunkissed skin that complimented the yellow dress of Ouran High School's uniform. And her dyed red curly hair fell to about her shoulders, only slightly slick from the rain. 

Her dark eyes flitted from annoyed, to suddenly shy as she rushed to her feet. 

"Forgive me, Hikaru." She barely whispered as she avoided his eyes. And then she was off, running in the opposite direction. 

Hikaru had the intention of being a gentleman, but he found himself stuck to the ground. There was something in her eyes--for the split second that he saw them--that made his breath catch in his throat. 

Shaking the thought from his mind, Hikaru stooped down to grab Haruhi's gift but stopped. Sitting on the damp ground is a folded-up note. His curiosity gets the better of him and he opened it. 

Dear Hikaru...