Untitled Part 6

Cora came out of her room all smiles, ready to meet Robert for dinner

Cora came out of her room all smiles, ready to meet Robert for dinner. She wore the dress Aunt Bertha bought for her. She knew her mother only approved since it was a gift that Cora had no say in.

"We really must head down, darling, if we're to meet Lord Grantham," Patrick said, offering his arm.

"Where's Mama?"

"I'm here," She replied looking rather annoyed tonight.

"Martha lighten up!" Patrick said.

Cora frowned at her mother. "Couldn't you just meet him before assuming he isn't worth it?"She asked as they left they headed down to the lobby.  She saw him standing near the sitting area looking as handsome as ever in his tails and top hat. "Good evening, Mr. Crawley." She said. He took her hand a smiled at her. "Good Evening, Miss Levinson."

"May I introduce my parents? Mr. Isidor Levinson and Mrs. Martha Levinson."

"It's an honor to meet you both," Robert said happily.

The dinner was nice and Cora was pleased to see that both of her parents seemed to like Robert. By the time it was over and he said goodbyes after inviting them to the family's country home in Yorkshire.

Cora was floating on a cloud by the time they returned to their room. Patrick smiled and looked at Martha.  "So? Your thoughts on him my dear?"

"He seems very nice, Cora and I can tell he adores you, but does he love you?I know that is something you long for."

"We barely know each other, mother. Doesn't love take time? I am willing to fight for it. Are you okay with that?"

"Of course we are," Patrick said, giving Martha a look.

"Yes, my dear."

+++++++

Robert knew Mama and Rosamund would be waiting to hear about his evening and sure enough he found them in the drawing room.  "Robert,"Violet said. "You seem happy. Shall we invite Miss Levinson to Downton in a few weeks?"

He nodded. "Yes, please, Mama. I believe i could fall in love with her."