Caring for your pet Rats.

So you wish to know on how to care for your pet Rats there are some things you need to know, first off you will always need more than one rat, because they are very social animals, so even if you play and care a lot for your pet rat it will never beat the compassion of a cage mate for your baby rat. So you should always get two or more rats so that way they will not become sad and lazy, and not be as playful for a normal rat. Like when we had a previous mischief of Rats and there was one left and she was just laying around and being depressed, and she had chewed a hole in the cage but she didn't escape she was just so bored that she chewed a hole in her cage. Rats can also be really loyal to their owners and can even tell if there are strangers or not. And since Rats have very sensitive noses you need to not have bedding that could irritate their tiny noses. The bedding I use is 'Kaytee clean and cozy paper bedding' since it won't harm their noses. Seeing as how Rats are omnivores you need some good food in order to feed them and keep them happy and healthy. Once again the food I use is 'Oxbow Essential Adult rat food' I also put in some items for them to chew on in order to keep their teeth short and sharp seeing as how Rats teeth never stop growing you always need things to chew on so that way you don't have to take them to the vet in order to shorten their teeth. Pet Rats will never bite unless they feel threatened and cornered or if they smell food on your hands and even then when you pull your hand away they understand that they shouldn't bite that again. 

Rats can also be taught tricks with treats and plenty of time and love. Like one time when I was training my rat named Cin to jump to my hand from the table, I held a treat close to my face and then all I saw was her fluffy pure white body heading to my face and glasses. then she grabbed onto my glasses and scratched my face. I know that it wasn't in anger and she just smelled the treat and jumped towards the smell.