Chapter 7: Anger

Raven POV

"Mr. Filch, secure the castle. Prefects, lead your houses to the Great Hall." Dumbledore Instructed. Students started hurrying to the Great Hall. Luna, being as small as she is, was getting pushed and started to fall over. I quickly grabbed her so she wouldn't fall, and held her close to me while I let the other students go first.

I let go when it was clear. "You okay?" I asked her.

"Yeah, thanks." She said, with a slight blush. We followed the other students to the Great Hall.

We got to the Great Hall, and the students from the other houses joined ten minutes later, looking confused. "The teachers and I need to conduct a thorough search of the castle." Dumbledore said, as Professors McGonagall and Flitwick closed all doors into the hall. "I'm afraid that, for your own safety, you will have to spend the night here. I want the prefects to stand guard over the entrances to the hall and I am leaving the Head Boy and Girl in charge. Any disturbance should be reported to me immediately." He added to Percy, who was looking immensely proud and important. "Send word with one of the ghosts."

Professor Dumbledore paused, about to leave the hall, and said. "Oh, yes, you'll be needing." One casual wave of his wand and the long tables flew to the edges of the hall and stood themselves against the walls. Another wave, and the floor was covered with hundreds of squashy purple sleeping bags. "Sleep well." Dumbledore said, closing the door behind him.

"Everyone into their sleeping bags!" Percy shouted. "Come on, now, no more talking! Lights out in ten minutes!" Geez, his voice is annoying. I thought.

"C'mon." Ron said to us. We seized our sleeping bags and dragged them to a corner. Luna stayed by my side.

"Do you think Black's still in the castle?" Hermione whispered anxiously.

"Dumbledore obviously thinks he might be." Ron said.

"It's very lucky he picked tonight, you know." Hermione said as we climbed into our sleeping bags. "The one night we weren't in the tower."

"I reckon he's lost track of time, being on the run." Ron said. "Didn't realize it was Halloween. Otherwise he'd have come bursting in here." Everyone kept asking the same question on how he got in.

"Maybe he knows how to Apparate." A student said a few feet away.

"You can't Apparate in or out of Hogwarts." I mumbled to myself.

"The lights are going out now!" Percy shouted. "I want everyone in their sleeping bags and no more talking." The candles all went out at once. Every so often, probably every hour, a teacher would reappear in the hall to check that everything was quiet. I let sleep take me.

I was back in Lupin's class. I saw my mother's corpse. Again, I couldn't move. I just froze in fear, and I couldn't look away. Stop! Stop! Let it end! Let it go away! I shouted into nothing.

I was woken up by someone calling my name. My eyes shot open and I sat up quickly panting in sweat, putting a hand on head. "Raven!" I looked to see who woke me up.

"Penelope?" I questioned. It was my prefect, Penelope Clearwater.

"Are you okay? You were shaking, and you're covered in sweat." Penelope said.

"Yeah, sorry." I said regaining myself. "Nightmare."

"Can I get you anything?" She asked looking concerned.

"If you have a Dreamless Sleep Potion, that'd be great. Otherwise, nothing." I said.

"I unfortunately don't have one of those, sorry." She said. "We're not allowed outside the hall, so just try and lay down for now, okay." I nodded.