Chapter 19: Patronus

Raven POV

We were standing in the deserted entrance hall. "Hermione what-?" Harry began.

"In here!" Hermione seized mine and Harry's arms and dragged us into a broom closet. She pushed us in, entered herself, then slammed the door shut.

"What-how-Hermione, what happened?" Harry asked.

"We've gone back in time." Hermione said, lifting the chain off our necks. "Three hours back..." Harry looked confused, and I was starting to get the gist of what was going on.

"Someone's coming." Hermione said. "I think-I think it might be us." She pressed her ear against the cupboard door. "Footsteps across the hall...yes, I think it's us going down to Hagrid's."

"Are you telling me, that we're here in this cupboard and we're out there too?" Harry whispered.

"Yes." Hermione said, her ear still glued to the cupboard door. "I'm sure it's us. It doesn't sound like more than four people." She broke off, still listening intently. "We've gone down the front steps..." Hermione sat down on an upturned bucket.

"Where did you get that hourglass thing?" Harry asked.

"It's a Time-Turner." I said.

Hermione widened her eyes. "You know about them?" She asked.

"Don't insult me, Hermione." I teased. "I've read about them, though I didn't know you had one until now."

"I got it from Professor McGonagall on our first day back. I've been using it all year to get to all my lessons." Hermione said. "Professor McGonagall made me swear I wouldn't tell anyone. She had to write all sorts of letters to the Ministry of Magic so I could have one. She had to tell them that I was a model student, and that I'd never, ever use it for anything except my studies...I've been turning it back so I could do hours over again, that's how I've been doing several lessons at once, see? But...I don't understand what Dumbledore wants us to do. Why did he tell us to go back three hours? How's that going to help Sirius?"

"There must be something that happened around now he wants us to change." Harry said slowly. "What happened? We were walking down to Hagrid's three hours ago..."

"Of course!" I said. They both looked at me. "We've got to save Buckbeak."

"Oh my god, you're right." Hermione said. "Dumbledore said-he told us where Sirius is-the window of Flitwick's office! We've got to fly Buckbeak up to the window and rescue Sirius! Sirius can escape on Buckbeak-they can escape together...If we manage that without being seen, it'll be a miracle!"

"Well, we've got to try, haven't we?" Harry said. He stood up and pressed his ear against the door. "Doesn't sound like anyone's there...Come on, let's go..." We exited the closet and headed down to Hagrid's.

As we were coming up on the top of the hill we heard voices. "It's us." Hermione said. We peeked around the stone entrance way and saw us and Draco with his two goons. We saw Hermione punch Draco.

"Nice punch." Harry said.

"Thanks." Hermione said.

"I'm so proud." I said. 

Draco and his goons were now making their way over to us. "Hide." We hid behind the side of the stone entrance. As they left we peeked around and saw our past selves continuing down to Hagrid's. We snuck around to the back of Hagrid's pumpkin patch as Hagrid let our past selves inside his hut. Buckbeak was in sight.

"Should we save Buckbeak now?" Harry asked.

"No!" Hermione said. "If we steal him now, the Committee people will think Hagrid set him free! We've got to wait until they've seen he's tied outside!"