Chapter Four

Chapter Four
Girls Day Out, Men Who Dance.

Luke had taken me to his place after that afternoon, tried his best to be there for me, even taking on the role of my personal footman. Of course I took advantage of that and by the time I finally retreated to bed that evening he was a bit sluggish and very tired.

The next morning he had to go to the office for a bit and whilst I was scared of being alone, I was glad I got the space to myself to think, really think. We had not discussed what had happened at my place but I new he was getting it cleaned up and taking care of everything.

I watched a few shows for a while then I logged on to my social media platforms and binge watched a bunch of videos. Even that did nothing for my restlessness so I ended up doing a few exercises on his living room floor until I was dripping wet in sweat then I went and took a shower.

His house was very isolated and was almost as big as mine. It probably had a home office and a gym, which I would have went in search of had I not felt like I would be snooping around.

After my shower I wore a bathing robe then I put my clothes in the washer waiting for them to dry. I had returned to being a couch potato when the front door opened. My flight or fight mode kicked in and I grabbed the nearest weapon—my shoe—then I faced the door, my game face on. I was not going down without a fight bitch.
I took a deep breath. It so wasn’t the time to be getting a panic attack. Otherwise I’d be dead quicker than a neck wringed chicken. That so wasn’t on my bucket list.

Melissa was the first to enter, her appearance polished and looking every bit like she was going to a business conference. A mixture of professionalism and business casual. Her strappy heels were amazing for her height and appearance. She carried herself with ample grace.

I was way too shocked to do anything, yet alone uncoil my body from my fighting stance. Melissa assessed my stance with cool criticism. She scoffed patronizingly and I felt duly  chastised.
“Playing baseball with the flies? Cause that’s the only thing that you’ll be doing properly looking like that.” She said first throwing her handbag, label of course, on the couch then plopping down gracefully herself.

“Where are those girls?” She said wonderingly and judging by the tone of her voice I’d say she was pretty annoyed. I had enough empathy in me to feel sorry for the poor women. Melissa was a savage bitch if I had ever seen one.

I tried to calm myself down, disregarding Melissa who was on her phone and looking pretty absorbed. I drew my strength from the background noise of the television and the steady sound of the AC in the background.
I finally set the bat down and drew myself up, feeling a bit more confident.

I made myself comfortable on the other couch, since Melissa had monopolized the entire couch I had been sitting on.

“What is it you’re watching?” She finally said, not bothering to look up from her phone.

“You have the remote right there with you, why don’t you check?” I replied and she shrugged. Just then the door opened, again, and laughter preceded the two women who entered next. Tarisai was obviously in stitches and a very animated Annie seemed to be narrating something. They brought with them a light atmosphere into the room.

“Hey guys!” Tarisai said when they had gotten close to the lounge section where both Melissa and I were sitting.

“Noise.” Melissa muttered from behind her phone which, judging by her attitude, was her only friend. Seriously, I had no idea what her problem was, but judging by how very dominant it seemed, it was probably incurable.

Annie rolled her eyes and she turned to look at me instead, her face shining and beaming, her eyes kind and motherly. She walked to where I was sitting, bypassing Melissa on the way like she wasn’t even there.