chapter 4

Chloe

Hi, my name is Chloe Shannon, I'm writing in this journal just because you, professor Cobalt, asked us. I honestly don't know why but I like writing so I don't mind. Today was a pretty intense one mainly because I got to talk to so many people on a topic really important to me. I'm part of the LGBTQ+ community, I'm bisexual and I took that opportunity to finally show the real me and tell that to everyone because I shouldn't feel ashamed of who I am. This is a lesson that I have learned thanks to Daisy, she was there when I needed her. She was there when I was so confused and I started developing crushes on girls but never stopped loving boys. She was there with me when I was doing tests and she was the first person to know that I was bisexual. At first, everything was so confusing because I didn't know a single person at my school who was bisexual or queer and you can feel the lack of representation especially when you think that you're the only one who is going through this. That's why I wanted to talk, to remind people that they are not alone, there's just something so comforting in knowing that you're never alone in anything and that so many people know exactly what is happening. Without Daisy, I probably would've pretended that everything was normal and that I only liked boys. I remember our conversation when I was at her house and I was crying thinking that I was wrong.

"There's something broken and wrong about me, I know that. Fix it. Help me." I say crying until tears stopped coming from my eyes. "There's nothing wrong with you. You love so much and so deeply that I think it's the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. I never saw you hating on someone and you're always nice to everyone even with people who don't deserve any kindness and I love this part of you. I love how romantic you are and how you feel everything so deeply. I love how you cry for everything. I love that when you see a cat in the street you have this weird need to go and give him love. I love you and I don't care if you like boys or girls, I only care that the one you choose to love gives you what you truly need and loves you so much that it drives him or her crazy." 

I own her so much. I don't think I could ever stop thanking her for everything she did. She was going through so many things but she was only there for me. I don't need a boyfriend or a girlfriend because I have her. (Don't tell that to Charlie, it's our secret.) So I'm gonna talk about today. I was really so anxious but when it was my time to go on the stage and talk Daisy, Leo and Charlie were there screaming my name. "I'm here to talk about something so important to me. I don't wanna say too much because it's obvious to everyone here that the LGBTQ+ community is formed by people, just people not aliens or criminals. People who love. And hating on people just because they love is such cruelty, no one should tell you who to love and who to not love. There's nothing broken or wrong with you. You shouldn't feel ashamed about who you are. And that's why I'm here to tell everyone that I'm proud of myself. I'm a bisexual and if you don't like it, I don't care." At that moment I was so scared but Charlie was there saying "My girlfriend is bisexual and she's fucking amazing. If you suddenly don't want to be friends with her. Your loss." Then Daisy with Leo started screaming "She's a fucking force of nature". And I wouldn't change that moment for anything, I just realized that everything was going to be okay because I had them. And after that, everything went wrong. Daisy's dad showed up with her mother. They started to fight and Leo did everything to hold her back but when her father insulted her Charlied had to hold back both of them or that man was dead. I won't say anything about her situation with her father because it's her business, I really hope you understand, Sir. I'm going to check on her, see you tomorrow professor Cobalt.