chapter seven

TW: party scene, so there will be mentions of underage drinking

"perfect!" blair grinned as she set the last chair by the bonfire, using the back of her hand to wipe away the sweat on her forehead.

"yeah, sure, perfect," sophia tried not to grimace. this party was really the last thing she wanted to do right now, but since her whole grade already rsvp'd, she didn't have much of a choice.

"soph, it'll be fun. i heard hudson's bringing the liquor, so just try to relax," the brunette resisted the urge to roll her eyes. she knew blair meant well, though, so she gave her a tight lipped smile before walking in the back door to freshen up.

she sat down at her makeup vanity in the bathroom, sighing and grabbing a tube of lip gloss. her phone buzzed mid application and she turned it on to see matt texting her.

sluts for sophia 😏
(3 members)

minivan matt 🚐💨
Hey Soph Chris might bail just giving
u a heads up

soph 🙂
ok 👍

nickelodeon 📷
Yeah he's in a bit of a mood tn

minivan matt 🚐💨
He's having girl trouble 🤭

soph 🙂
you've never had that problem
have you matt 🤣

minivan matt 🚐💨
Yeah well the last person you dated
was in middle school and it was my brother
so I don't think you're exactly in a place
to say anything to me 🤣🤣

soph 🙂
matt. too far.

nickelodeon 📷
Matt. Chris explicitly told us not to tell
anyone about Avery 🫤

minivan matt 🚐💨
Oh

minivan matt 🚐💨
Oops lol

soph 🙂
how silly of you

nickelodeon 📷
Wait nvm we're all coming

soph 🙂
ok 😆

"hey, you ready?" madeline peaked her head into the bathroom, her hazel eyes landing on sophia typing something on her phone.

the seated girl sighed for what felt like the millionth time that night, "yeah, i was just answering nick and matt. they thought chris was gonna stay home tonight but turns out he's coming."

"oh, that sucks, soph," madeline apologized with genuine sympathy. her and sophia had grown closer the last few weeks of school, and she had been easier to confide in than blair. as much as sophia adored blair, something about madeline's soft voice and kind smile set her apart.