Episode 15: The Buttercups

Italics are thoughts

Bold will be an author's note

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ (Enchancia castle garden) (Morning)

Yesterday, Sofia told me that there was an upcoming Buttercup gathering. Although I'm not exactly a Buttercup, I have been accompanying them for a while. One reason being is that I have been researching any sort of plant there is that could be of any interest. I like to research anything when it comes to magic. I have researched wands, spells, wandless spells, plants, and animals, if it relates to magic, I have studied it. I don't know nearly everything I want to know but, it was enough to convince Ruby's mom to let me accompany the Buttercups. Mostly I study with Kayley, as she yearns to learn anything magic related. At the moment, I am waiting for Sofia in the garden, because that's where the meet-up for today is. Tomorrow there should be a hike, I believe. 

Sofia walks out of some doors in her Buttercup uniform and waves. I wave back. Sofia makes sure not to trip when walking down the stairs. Once she makes it down, she begins walking toward me, "Hey, (Y/n)!"

"Hey, Sofia! Where's Ruby and Jade?" I ask while beginning to lay on the ground.

"They'll be here soon." Just as she says that Ruby and Jade walk out of the very same door that Sofia walked out of. They say something to each other, nod, and begin running down the stairs as fast as they can. Luckily, they reach the bottom without tripping.

"Who made it down faster?" Ruby asks.

"It was me, right?" Jade assumes.

"You both made it here at the same time," I tell them.

"Aww..."

Sofia pulls a rope out of her pocket, "Instead of being upset, why not learn something new?"

"With a rope?" I ask as Ruby and Jade make their way over.

"Yes. I learned a new knot and thought Ruby and Jade could learn it."

"What about me?"

"You have magic, you can do whatever you want!" Ruby yells.

Not anything!

"Come on!" Sofia urges. They sit next to her on the ground and Sofia begins tying a knot. Sofia has to do it a few times for them before they fully understand.

"Sofia, show us one more time!" Ruby says eagerly.

"Over, down, the rabbit pops up and there. It's a friendship knot! Here," Sofia hands them part of the knot, "Help me pull it tight." They end up pulling the wrong end and too hard so Sofia ends up on their laps. Although they did the knot wrong, they still laughed.

A whistle is then heard, "Gather around, Buttercups."

"And escort!" I remind her although I'm not really an escort, just an honorary member.

"You're not an escort, (Y/n)."

I shrug, "I know."

"Hi, mom!" Ruby says. Everyone, including me, stands up.

The Buttercups leader, Helen ", walks up along with Sofia's mom, Miranda, and two new faces that are eerily similar. "I want everyone to meet our newest members, Peg and Meg."

"I'm Meg," 'Meg' points at herself, "She's Peg."

"Sorry about that." Helen apologizes.

"It's okay," Meg says, "Our brother gets us mixed up all the time."

"I don't know why," Peg says.

"Me neither."

"We're so different." They both say together.