Episode 3: Let the Good Times Troll

italics are thoughts

bold will be an authors note

underlined text can be whisper

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ (Noon) (Still at Enchancia) (Your pov)

Me and Sofia were walking around the castle and she asks me "so why won't you leave?" I say " well that's awfully rude but, I don't know... I just have a bad feeling about it." Sofia just giggles "Well 'your highness' I didn't mean to be rude... In all seriousness, if you have a bad feeling about leaving - do you have any idea what you feel?" I take a moment to think on what I feel

If there is something bad then isn't that more of a problem for them? Well... no, I don't know when the bad thing may be...

I open my mouth to talk but James rushes in with a couple of kites and yells "hey! Wanna fly kites?" I decide to answer to that rather than my other question because I don't know the answer. "sure, why not" Sofia looks at me with a questioning look but I just shrug in return.

We get out and Amber joined us. James tells Sofia to "watch this kite trick" all it was was a loop de loop. Sofia says in a challenging tone "watch THIS" then trips. James points out "It's headed toward the water!" while I help her up she says "my kite!" then runs after it until it drops near the water. James says "at least its not in the water." I tell him "way to look optimistic" Sofia just ignores it and starts walking down to get her kite. Amber asks her "where are you going?" Sofia calmly says "to get my kite" Amber tries to talk Sofia out of it by telling her about the trolls. "there are trolls in the castle?" Sofia asks but Amber corrects her and says "UNDER the castle, they live in a cave by the water, and there green and creepy! or so I've been told." I say "I don't think were going to talk her out of this... she's persistent." Sofia agrees and says "Nope... wait what?" and keeps on walking.

We start walking back to our kites when Amber asks "do you really think we couldn't have talked her out of it, I don't want her to get hurt." I tell her "Sofia? nah, she is one of the most persistent people I know. Also,  there is no way she will get hurt, I've read about trolls and there peaceful. most of them anyway." Not another word was exchanged before Sofia ran back up toward us and knocks me over. "I SAW A TROLL!" I get up while Amber asks "did they hurt you!?" Sofia answers "no, but they came out of nowhere and scared me." After a bit more explaining and an apology we all head inside.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ (Dining hall) (that night)

After a little bit of food and minimal conversation Miranda asks "okay, who's ready for some jiggly wiggly pudding?" James climbs the table and says "I am!" Roland says "me too!" He clears his throat to act more of how he is expected to act "I mean, me too." 

What's jiggly wiggly pudding?

Sofia asks her dad what he knows about the castle trolls. He asks her "Why? Why do you ask Sofia?" Sofia reveals "Well, I saw one today and-" "you saw a troll?" Roland asks while Miranda questions "the castle has trolls?" Roland continues the questions with "you don't know about the trolls? Surely you've heard the story about King Gideon and the castle trolls." Miranda and Sofia say "no." James asks to tell the story and I say "ooh story time." 

"One night, long ago when our great grandpa, King Gideon, was king. he heard a loud THUMPING outside the castle, so he went outside to see what it was, and right in the courtyard, he seen some green, bug-eyed trolls banging their clubs. He called the guards and the guards bravely chased the trolls all the way back to their cave, and no one has seen a troll outside of their cave ever since."

Sofia and I were amazed at such a story, I was unsure if that was all to it though. "whoa" Sofia said. Roland states "that night, King Gideon proclaimed that the trolls must stay down in their cave, and we stay up here, that's the castle rule, it's safer that way, for everyone"