Episode 5: A Royal Mess

italics are thoughts

bold will be an authors note

underlined text can be whisper

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ (Sofia's pov)

(Bare with me here)

On the bridge to the castle James is telling us about the circus and, how it's back. Again. Amber suggests we ask Mom and Dad if we can go.

(Did you bare with me? Quickest song so far.)

As everyone leaves, Dad wants to talk to James, "James, you know the rule: no playing ball inside the castle, too many things that could break, like, the new stain glass window."

"It's very pretty." I comment

"Of course it is Sofia, there's a picture of me in it."

"Really?" Okay, where do you come from dude? -(y/n)

Dad leaves and I wonder... "How. Did you. Get in here?"

"I know the circus is today and, well, I knew of all people, you three would too." Has he even ever gone to the circus?

"Okay, back to the show." James says and begins juggling again.

"James, what are you doing? Dad said no playing ball inside the castle."

"I just want to show you one more trick."

"But dad said-" Amber is cut off by James.

"Don't worry, it's as easy as-"

"Bad Idea" (y/n) says. At least he agrees

"-One," He hops forward and throws a ball up. "Two" He does it again. "Three"

He catches one and two but, three hits a chandelier, then armor, then the window. "I have a few questions." (y/n) says not really wanting to ask the questions.

"Oh no!" James says

"The window!" I add on

"My picture" Amber says because, off course.

We walk up to the picture well, Amber and James ran but, (y/n) and I, walked. "I didn't mean to break it!" James says

"Oh, dad is not going to like this."

"What do we do!?" James panics

"We have to go tell him!" I say seeing no other way.

"Wait, you can't tell him, if he finds out I broke a castle rule, he'll never let me go to the circus!"

"It doesn't matter if we tell him, he's going to notice it when we get back." Amber is right but...

"There isn't a way to just, cover it up." (y/n) says

Of course, James found a way to do just that. "What if we move that suit of armor in front of the window? Mom and dad will never see it!"

(y/n) facepalms, "Always a work-around isn't there." He whispers

"I don't know" I say. James starts to beg us for help and I give in. "Maybe we should help him, he really wants to go."

"But, he broke my part of the window." (y/n) facepalms again, if he keeps that up, he will have a very sore face when he wakes up.