Pete "Maverick" Mitchell x GN Reader Oneshot

warnings: flufff, kissing, slight sexual actions implied, swearing, age gap, inaccurate things (sorry I'm bad at writing this stuff)

word count: 1228

authors note: okay I know this is inaccurate and they wouldn't be able to date, but let's pretend!! Also haven't posted a fanfic in a while, so hello again :) Lmk if anyone would want a part two of the flying date (p.s. Astro is the readers call sign)

The wind was soft against the jet wings. You were lost in the sky; the beautiful colors, the clouds, and the wind. All of nature had you distracted. You were supposed to be training with the others and didn't even notice Rooster, or Hangman behind you.

"Astro! Stop looking at the sky and actually practice", Rooster said. Hangman chuckled and flew somewhere else, while Rooster started gaining up on you.

"Yeah, yeah fine." As Rooster got closer, he thought he had the kill, but all of a sudden you instantly swooped over him. Your father taught you that trick just before he passed away. He would always tell you, "Just because you slip up doesn't mean you can regain focus and get the win." Those words still stuck with you and you smirked, getting ready to lock the kill.

"Shit, shit, fuck!" Rooster tried to get out of your target zone, but it was too late. You got a lock on him and grinned as the alarm rang.

"Ha! that's a kill and just because I look distracted, doesn't mean I won't kick your ass", you shot him a wink he probably didn't see. Rooster was pissed off and flew away. Hangman watched from afar, laughing. You were a very cocky person and loved beating your teammates, especially with a show.

You were about to head back to base, but your hands attention went to the cloud lines. You wondered where they led to and wanted to follow it badly. It seemed like the perfect path of adventure. That's when you heard the radio go off. "Head back to base, Astro. We don't have time for detours today," Maverick said firmly.

You sighed looking at the clouds and then back at the radio. "I'm sure it doesn't even go that far! I'll just be a fe-" Before you could finish, Maverick cut you off.

"No buts L/N. If you come back now and finish the rest of today's training, I'll personally take you to follow whatever you want in the sky sometime, since you can't go alone", he sighed with a smile. For a split second you were worried by him calling you your last name. That feeling quickly went away the moment he mentioned you two flying together. Your instructor is going to take you wherever you want in the sky! Your heart started to flutter and you felt your face becoming red.

"Yes, I'd lov- I mean...alright, that sounds fair," You felt like an idiot stuttering, but Maverick chuckled, finding it funny. Finally heading back, you took a deep breath.

After training, everyone went to Penny's bar. You made your way over to your crew and practically everyone was staring at you. You felt confused until a few of them started making kissing noises and your face turned pink once again. "I didn't expect Captain Maverick to actually ask you out, but hey! Life's full of surprises and at least you didn't have to be the one to ask for a date," Hangman said, nudging your side. You pushed him away, awkwardly laughing.

"What are you talking about? He wasn't asking me on a date, he was trying to get me to head back to base. That's all," Your friends still weren't convinced.

"Let's not make things up like how you did when you tried lying about your massive crush. We all know that wasn't just an instructor being friendly...", Phoenix said. she knew you too well which is probably why she was the first one to figure out your interest in him.

All the students know about you being head over heels for your teacher, because Rooster couldn't be quiet. You love him deeply, but man he can't keep his mouth shut for anything.

Now, He knows he shouldn't mess with you, but at the same time he can't help himself. "Once you guys start flying, you should be pretty careful. Don't wanna crash while you're making out," Rooster turned around trying to make it look like two people kissing. He went the extra mile adding different types of kissing noises.

You slapped him rolling your eyes and turning around, only to be widening your eyes out of shock. There he was, Maverick. It looked like he was walking over to you guys, but was stopped currently looking at you guys. He heard your whole conversation. You blushed quickly, turning over to everyone freaking out.

Rooster was obviously oblivious, still "making out" even after you slapped him. You kicked him hard, running out of the building. Rooster was confused seeing you run out, until he saw Maverick and the others explained.

You were standing outside, arms on the fence, and looking at the ocean. It felt a little calmer being outside, until a familiar voice came around. "Is the breeze calming you down now?" There he was, hands in pocket standing behind you. You couldn't hide from Maverick, he always knew where to find you.

He knew so much about you and you felt as close to him as you could get with a teacher. "I was until you showed up. I'm sorry, but this isn't the best time right now," you sighed.

He started to chuckle, walking up to you, so he was standing by you. "Really? I thought you'd feel better seeing me and here I expected you to just be mad at the others," you smiled at him.

"Excited? Mad? Look...what you heard from the others-" You freezed when he got so close to you, your shoulders were almost touching. He was hovering over you, looking into your eyes.

"It's not true?" He asked and you shook your head yes. He leaned down, so your faces were even. "You're telling me you don't wanna make out or do whatever the hell Rooster thinks is kissing?" He chucked, but you were still frozen.

His arm moved to your waist and without even thinking you placed your hands on his shoulders. "Pete.." He grinned hearing you call him by his real name. It turned on some sort of switch inside him.

"I thought you said your friends weren't telling the truth? Guess they were right...you really can't lie," with one of his hands on your waist, the other moves to your face. He leaned in closer and kissed you. It was gentle, but very passionate. You tried moving your body even closer than it was, kissing him deeper. He pulled away, "Ya know, I'm still not sure if you do like me. How about we do that again?" His smile was always so beautiful and asking was so polite, how could you say no?

"Oh Mav," you rolled your eyes at him, pulling him into another kiss. This one was much more intense and you swear you felt sparks.

Then, you heard voices at the window. You shouldn't have even been confused as you saw the others smiling and making noises through the window. You shook your head and looked back at Mav. "I think I know a place where we could have...more privacy," you winked at him, grabbing his hand and running off into the distance. He followed you like a puppy, smiling again and your friends stood there curious as to where you're going. They were going to bug you nonstop tomorrow, but it's going to be worth it for tonight.