First One Shot: I Told Moon About You, And It Hid Out of Jealousy

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

The sand, heated by a long, hot, summer day, gently caressed my tired feet. It's been a long time since I last visited the family home, but lately I've felt a void in my heart and I knew that the closeness of my grandparents would help me fill it at least for some time.

I stared at the depths of the ocean in front of me, and the moon shone in the sky, casting its glow on the waves. Years ago I spoke to that moon, telling it about my love to him and it shined as strongly as tonight. I breathed fresh, crisp air, feeling the hair at the back of my neck move lazily because of the wind.

I was alone, and although it usually didn't bother me, knowing that he was around only made me feel everything stronger than usual. It always has been this way, from the first day I saw him in kindergarten. Vegas. Vegas Theerapanyakul. Funny, capable, handsome, a true ideal, making every girl fell in love with his perfect persona. And me, although he was never supposed to know about it. At least when I was still living here.

After more than a decade of constantly staring at his back, admiring and adoring everything he did, I realized it was time to move on. My lonely hearts needed to rest but I didn't want to leave without telling him about my feelings, and holding it inside would only cause me more unspeakable pain.

On the last day of school, I wrote a short letter asking Vegas to meet me on the beach, and when he showed up, surprised by my presence, I only shouted how much I love him and how sorry I am for my feelings and ran away, not giving him any time to respond.

It was better this way, I didn't have to listen to his refusal, I didn't want to know that he was rejecting me because I was a boy. Then it was time to move out and study in another city, and as much as I absorbed new experiences, met interesting people and learned previously unknown things, no one or nothing fascinated me as much as he did.

A year had passed since the day I revealed my feelings to him, and I stood in the same place again, at the same hour, but staring at a different sight. Nothing happens twice. The sea I see in front of me now will never look the same again. So why did my feelings, which I had been trying to change all these months, still remain as strong as before?

I heard a quiet crunch of sand behind me and smiled under my breath well knowing grandma had come to me. She was happy about this visit and I admit, I felt a twinge of pain inside. I should have arrived earlier, but knowing that he was here didn't allow me to do that.

"Pete?" hoarse, familiar voice spread on the beach, and I froze, because it was not the Granny's voice.

The footsteps approached my stiff, tight back, and I smelled it. I closed my eyes, absorbing the familiar fragrance that could calm me down and awaken all the crazy emotions I was holding at the same time. The unique smell of Vegas, which was strong, masculine, one that some would call dangerous. Sandalwood and mint were enough for this man to completely capture my consciousness. This is the scent of love.

"Is that really you?" I heard right next to my ear and trembled, feeling how the unbearable body reacts to his warm breath on my skin.

He was too close, and yet I prayed that he would come closer. For a brief moment, it seemed to me that my bare neck had been kissed, but it must have been an illusion, someone like Vegas Theerapanyakul would never have done it. I swallowed saliva with difficulty, trying to sound normal when I spoke to him.

"Vegas," I whispered, and he stood in front of me, blocking view of the sea.

During this year he became even more handsome. Once a slim body has now gained muscles and I knew that if earlier all the girls were crazy about him, now even men desired him. Vegas was beautiful, like a young god. A sculpted, strong jaw, plump lower lip, begging to be bitten by someone, razor-sharp cheek lines and those eyes. Those damn eyes that draw you into the depths of the darkness. As black as they used to be, just as strong, now looking at me as if they knew my every thought, every deeply hidden desire. I sighed, my heart beating insanely, and though I was not much taller than him, I felt so small.

"You're finally back," he said, smiling at me, and something in his gaze changed.

My legs trembled as he approached my stiff body, brushing with one of fingers my now pink cheek. I couldn't breathe. I wanted to run away and never come back, but I also wanted to snuggle up to him and beg him to love me. Only for one night, one moment. God, what power this man had over me.

"I was waiting for you," he muttered when I didn't answer, then leaned over my neck and I felt his nose move slowly upwards, sniffing my sensitive skin.

I wanted to ask what he was doing, I wanted to move away, but that would mean he will stop. Thinking about what to do, I did not hear the question he asked and then I felt a sharp pain on my neck.

" Did... did you just bite me?" I watched in disbelief as Vegas licked his lips and raised one of his eyebrows, standing in that arrogant I can do anything I want pose.

"It's your punishment."

"Punishment? For what?" I asked, because we had not seen each other for so long, I could not do anything that would offend him, I'm sure.

"For the escape, before I answered," he said, leaning until our noses brushed against each other. "For leaving me here alone and disappearing the next day for the whole year. Pete! If I didn't love you so much, I would punish you a lot more."

I frowned, wanting to let him realize that it was just easier for me when I heard his last words. Vegas waited patiently for me to acknowledge his confession, and I just opened my mouth in shock and looked at his, filled with joyful sparkles, eyes. Minutes passed, and the smile he gave me slowly turned into a pout.

"Pete?" Vegas murmured, trying to bring me back to the world of the living. "Have you heard? I said I love you."

I couldn't think properly, only his words pulsed in my head, but I had the impression that I only dreamed of this situation. Maybe I'll wake up in bed soon, alone, longing? Such mornings I was no longer able to endure.

"Okay, shock therapy," Vegas whispered, then bent over, brushing my lips with his.

Sweetness, so much I was able to taste. Pure, tempting sweetness. I came back to my senses when I leaned after him, wanting to feel those lips longer on mine. His laughter resounded on the beach, and I raised one of my hands, touching my stinging mouth in disbelief.

"You kissed me, you just stole my first kiss," I said, and he nodded, and before I could add anything, he did it again.

"I've been waiting all year for this" I saw his cheeks reddening, through the words he sayed. "I wasn't able to contact you, but I was hoping you would come back, and here you are. Maybe you've already forgotten about me, but..."

I didn't let him finish, still staring at his now slightly damp lips. I groaned softly, and this time I reached towards him, bringing my face closer and doing what I had dreamed of for years. I kissed him.

And I loved every single second of it.

~*~

📢 If you read my ffs and think "well, this was good, let me buy her coffee or donut or just something small and sweet then now you can but DO NOT feel force to support me like this! I will still add chapters normally! Here is link for additional support:

ko-fi.com/biblebuildluvly