the three prayers

⊰ chapter nine ⊱

⊰ chapter nine ⊱

Dara shook her head before slapping the table at the private tavern harshly, the soldiers flinching at her wrath against the table. Taehyung swallowed, sweating like rain as Skovier stared him down from the other side. Taehyung's adam's apple wobbled before he opened his mouth hesitantly, "I am sorry, Your Majesty. I had no idea the Odyssey would be written in Eastern language."

The red haired woman touched her chin, rubbing it as she nodded, calming down, "I know. Not your fault."

The entire Odyssey was in written in a language that Dara should have known but had no idea because of the never done practice on it. Magic was hard to read and Dara was never trained for it. Dara rolled her tongue inside her inner cheek, thinking, "This has to have another way. Where did you steal it from?"

"They have a Caucus too. After they found out about my identity and tortured me, they kept me at their dungeons. I escaped the dungeons at their fifth ritual of the month where they prayed for your doom and the capture of your compass. The Caucus wasn't busy, so I stole it and took the root to South." Taehyung's wounds were still fresh, some were weeks old.

Dara bit her lower lip, looking down at the Odyssey opened in front of her, "I have no power left in me to summon the words out or to translate it into any memories. Clearly, the Odyssey is about my and the summoner's lives."

"Your lives havent ended yet. How did they put them here? Is it a foreshadow of your lives?" Seokjin questioned from the other end of the table.

The woman shook her head slowly, staring at the foreign letters, "No. This is the journey of my reincarnation's life. They say there were three re births. One of us had pleaded to not be remembered by any but Deborah. So it makes sense why they only put two of ours lives here."

Frustrated, Dara stepped back with a heavy sigh. Her eyes fell on the door once the red haired soldier, Park Jimin entered the tent with a hesitant smile on his lips. Dara's shoulders loosened and she tilted her head at him, giving him a strict look, "So I have been keeping another snake under my roof all these days?"

Jimin looked down at his fidgeting fingers, his eyes guilty.

Dara sighed, "Everyone has been lying to me lately. I wonder how many of you are true to me," she looked at the rest of the soldiers and gave Taehyung a mischievous look, "I will get your head off your body if the Odyssey is anything falsey."

Taehyung returned the smile, "Blood bound, we are yours."

The red haired looked at her cousin, and carried the smile to him before touching his cheek. Jimin's face fell once she did and he bowed his head again. Dara patted his shoulder, "You could have told me."

"I had to keep my distance. Though my job was to protect you, someone else did the job better than me," Jimin said.

Dara didnt let her smile disappear since that statement as she smiled wider, "So you wrote documents of my grace to South?"