the western spirit

⊰ chapter eighteen ⊱

"Jungkook!" Dara whispered as she tugged on her husband's cloak, both of them pushing past people before making a fuss, "Will you stop running like a horse here, Jungkook? I am losing control, I might throw you to the butchers if you avoid me one more time!"

"I told you, we just have to ignore Skovier," Jungkook whispered as Dara caught up, "I cannot deal with this right now."

"I cannot believe you are ignoring it-,"

"I am not ignoring it!" Jungkook argued, "If my wife is so close to her little soldier, there is very little a Prince consort can do about it. If you want, I will assign him as your doorman when I take over Zisk, okay?"

"Jungkook!" Dara hilariously smacked the back of Jungkook's head, "I will send you six feet under if you talk like that again!"

Laughing, Jungkook pushed Dara inside an alley, the silence between the walls making their footwork against the snow covered ground harsher as they passed through. Dara sighed, shoving her hands in her cloak's pockets, "Why are we going to the Elf's anyways. You could ask me if you want to know something."

"How will you know anything about the Curve? We are on the same page," it was probably the first time Jungkook was urged to meet the Elf for himself and by his own interest, "I am worried about the nightmares. Besides, I need translations of my dreams too. Some dreams I cannot comprehend. They are different. I need to know how to execute the war. People are worried.

Dara felt guilty for hiding but she had very little proof to prove herself the things she knew of the Curve. Besides, Jungkook's connections to the Curve would require her an entire speech to explain him. But most of all, it would need her audacity and bravery to tell him who he really was. And is.

What plans fate had for her. The same man she was walking with was once her husband without any children and ruled the Great Curve. The elf was not lying when he said history would repeat itself; but how did it repeat itself so damn clean and flawlessly?

"There you go," Jungkook nodded impressively as the wall opened back to the elf's door at the end of the alley, "Looks like you have become their favorite guest to sell clocks to."

"I am the greatest clock," Dara murmured sarcastically before walking inside the fairy scented shop. An immediate smile to her lips upon seeing the old elf up on a ladder, looking at her as he paused stacking the books, "Busy today?"

"Ah, you are alive!" the grand elf hurried down, almost tripping as the fairies grabbed him by his shirt. Dara laughed slightly upon seeing the scene before bending on her knees to embrace the grand elf. The grand elf nodded, stepping away to look at Dara's face, "You have returned! I felt your presence at South!"

"How so?" Dara shrugged, "The realm has been dead!"

The grand elf winked at Dara, "The walls are not dead, my dearest. I have felt the flick of your compass when you accessed the Eastern Odyssey. Well done-,"